Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #21
ankc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pumpkin Chat 3/19-3/31

I had my first appt at 7 w 4 d saw hb and now have a doppler at home so i can hear the hb when i want to 10 weeks today and I go in for a physical/pap on Tuesday then we are getting the 12week early scan done the Friday after Easter... I have had 2 CS and Dr said no way VBAC in their practice or the 2 hospitals in our area so I am having a 3rd CS and I am fine with it for the most part... finally have an interest in eating again

Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #22
AtLeast
Registered
Formerly: rli***t
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily View Post
Apparently twins grow a tad faster than single babies, and their placenta 'goes bad' faster. So a twin placenta at 38 weeks is comparable to a singleton placenta at 40/41 weeks. So to make sure the placenta is delivered healthy and it doesn't stop giving what it needs, they will not let you go past 38 weeks.

Does anyone else feel like the 20 week ultrasound is a million years away? It seems like forever because I'm so anxious to start sorting and getting baby stuff, and putting together my diaper stash. Anyone else?
Yeeeesssssss!!!!! I am DYING to know who's in there! I'm a little afraid how I'm going to feel if it's a 5th boy. It's getting hard to come up with more boy names. I'm itching to buy cute girly diapers! Oh Lord, PLEASE have a girly in there!!

P.S. I'm glad you're staying! How are you doing?
Old 03-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #23
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

I can't believe the gender us is not until may or June for us! That is forever!!!

AFM, I still fell terrible and expect to for the foreseeable future. I think this is a girl in here but I don't mind either way!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #24
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

I can't believe the gender us is not until may or June for us! That is forever!!!

AFM, I still fell terrible and expect to for the foreseeable future. I think this is a girl in here but I don't mind either way!
Old 03-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #25
Lyric
Registered Users
seller

I am hoping for twins lol. Can you send some twin dust my way. Congrats on the twins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily View Post
Ultrasound was this morning... and I got to see Twin A and Twin B. Wiggling around laying next to each other.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #26
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLeast View Post
Yeeeesssssss!!!!! I am DYING to know who's in there! I'm a little afraid how I'm going to feel if it's a 5th boy. It's getting hard to come up with more boy names. I'm itching to buy cute girly diapers! Oh Lord, PLEASE have a girly in there!!

P.S. I'm glad you're staying! How are you doing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASahm View Post

I am pretty miserable, too. I know that sounds horrible. I am usually super happy/cheery until 20 weeks, and then I get just a tad uncomfortable. Then around 30 weeks I get miserable, and around 34-36 I get SUPER miserable.

This time, I'm already uncomfortable/borderline miserable at almost 11 weeks. My belly has that full/firm uncomfortable feeling. I am exhausted 24/7, and even though I'm supposed to be getting 4,000 calories a day, I'm not sure if I'm managing 400. I'm going to start drinking hemp protein shakes because my protein needs to be high. And just continue working (home daycare) to pass the time by. After my ultrasound at the end of May/beginning of June, I will reevaluate doing daycare. I have a feeling that I'm just going to get more miserable as time goes by, but I'm trying to be happy/grateful and take it easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyric View Post
I am hoping for twins lol. Can you send some twin dust my way. Congrats on the twins.
Hahaha.. sure will! I will be honest and say that I never wanted twins, and we are still trying to warm ourselves up to the idea. I was a nanny for 2 year old twin boys and 4 year old twin girls, and it was hard. In any situation, they do have times where they have to fight for attention. People also refer to them by 'the twins' instead of their respected names. While they do have a 'built-in play buddy' they also fight quite a bit more than siblings that would be into different things at different times. They struggle with wanting to be together, and wanting time apart. Later on, they also struggle with finding their own identity separate from their brother or sister. It's also very difficult on them when you can't tell them apart, as even at a young age it offends them. Both sets I watched were identical, and b/b and g/g so that could have something to do with it, too. But it was HARD for them, hard to watch, and hard to change/direct/comfort.

I would much rather have children closer in age than born together, but we feel blessed to be pregnant with twins, and since we know so much already about how we need to handle things, hopefully that will help. As soon as we have the ultrasound we will pick out names, so that hopefully people will refer to the babies by their names and not by 'the twins'. I'm just hoping and praying for a healthy pregnancy. This is SO much more stressful than a singleton pregnancy, and it makes things much harder. I have had 4 successful, healthy 38-40 week singleton pregnancies. And I'm scared to death of having pre-term babies with medical problems. For everyone that has one bean, be thankful, I truly think the want for twins can be overrated, but at the same time, they are a blessing for many.

So I'll send some dust your way and hope you get what you are hoping for!
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #27
Ashsmama
Registered Users
seller

Hey all! I didn't even know this chat thread was here as I'm always on the fb group!
I was 10 weeks on Friday and I haven't even made a doctors appointment. I'm still researching which doctor to go to. After contacting a birth center that's a few hours from where I live, I was asking for references, they referred me to a doula/midwife student who is only 30min away. They think that she and the midwife she works with might be able to consider me trying for a vba2c! Eeek! I contacted the doula/midwife student through Facebook on Saturday. I haven't gotten a response but I'm hopeful it's because it was the weekend and I'm hoping she'll reply tomorrow! I'm trying not to get too excited so I don't get my hopes up!

I've been feeling somewhat miserable. I feel sooo bloated and fat. I'm extremely exhausted! My head feels fuzzy because I'm so tired. I usually go to bed by 8:30pm (except tonight) and I wake up at 9am. I'm so nauseous and nothing sounds good. I've been having a hard time eating. I'll get hungry then when I take a bite I either don't want it anymore or I'm suddenly full! It's frustrating! I'm also an emotional mess and I'm super whiney, hence this paragraph of complaints :-)
Old 03-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #28
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations MyKzooFamily!

I will be 11 weeks on Friday and I missed yet another appointment today. Hopefully they will call soon to reschedule. But I have an ultrasound this Thursday at 10:40 so I am looking forward to that.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:38 AM   #29
Kay+Dave
Registered Users

Hi all. I'm 9 weeks right now and it seems my morning sickness is just getting worse and worse...boo! I worry about dehydration because I am still nursing my little guy.

Other than feeling sick and exhausted, things are going well! Had an apt and US, saw one little healthy bean sprout in there! Hopefully I start feeling human again soon!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 03-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #30
FairSailing188
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've been pretty MIA, but that's because I've had AWFUL morning sickness. I didn't have any with my first, so this is all new. I broke down and had my OB write a script for Zofran yesterday. I'm 10 weeks on Thursday, so here's hoping this stuff goes away soon!

Under normal circumstances I'd say I told you so. But, as I have told so with such vehemence and frequency already the phrase has lost all meaning. Therefore, I will be replacing it with the phrase, I have informed you thusly.
FairSailing188 is offline   Reply With Quote