Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
sdavis514
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Twin names and gender reveal?

OK this is two parts

A- We are having identical twins so either 2 girls or 2 boys. My gut tells me boys but my family is hoping for girls.

If they are boys one will definitely be names Quentin William after my husband's grandfather that used to live with us. Since my first child is names Austin and one boy will be names Quentin, I want the second twin to have a -tin name also. I need help thinking of ones besides Justin, Tristin, or Peytin.

If they are girls, since Austin starts with a vowel, I want girls names that start with other vowels ( either E, I, O or U) and not the same ones. So each child would start with a different vowel. Not too matchy matchy but similar styles. Any good ideas??

B- I don't want to really know the gender and hoped to stay team green. DH was going along with thata because he heard a radio show talking about people being told the wrong gender. But the closer we get to the anatomy scan and the more he thinks about it, he realized that that scenario is extremely unlikely to happen to us because we have atleast another 12 u/s to look forward to this pregnancy on top of the 6 we have already had. (I was hoping he would not realize this fact! LOL).

So he wants to know but I don't. Problem is he will never be able to keep it a secret!!! I am willing to compromise and find out at about 30-32 weeks what the gender is. I see the Drs every week so at any point I can ask them to write it down and put it in a sealed envelope for me. ( The Drs already know what they are as it is important to the mono/di twin diagnosis and care that they are certain the babies are the same gender, etc). So I need ideas on how to go about finding out/revealing to family. I was thinking that a week before the baby shower, maybe DH can take the envelope to my mom and they can do something special at the baby shower. Or there is always the take the envelope to the bakers and have them make a cake for the shower. Any other cute ideas? If I am forced to find out before delivery, I want it to be cool and special for me!!

THanks for any input!!!

Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
tasundance
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Twin names and gender reveal?

Elenore and Olivia

Ashtin for boy

Congrats on twin blessings!!!
Tricia~29 Married for 11 years to Chad~34. Semi Crunchy mama to Aurora~10, Ethan~8, Jacob~6, Annika~3, Makenna~2, Niko James~1, and blessing #7 due 3/23/14

Last edited by tasundance; 03-23-2013 at 10:04 AM.
tasundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Braxtin, Paxtin, Boston, Alton, martin, Prestin, Karltin, Cashtin

My boys all have n sound at the end... Quentin, Solomon, Benjamin, Jadon, Logan

And girls..

Izzie and Emmie ( Isabelle and Emily)
Olivia and Isabelle
Esther and Irene (thinking old school nick name Essie and Renie)
Eliese and
Elizabeth and
Eliza and
Edelle and Odessa
Iris and
Ursela ( ha ha OK little mermaid lol)

I'm out of ideas. I have a lot of cute A ones...

Adeline
Alice
Allison
Alexis
Ashlyn
Adalie
Adalia

Or other towns to go with Austin
Brooklyn
Paris

Or other Texan names..
Darby
Chesney said with a hard s like z
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

for the gender reveal:

*take the gender to a party store with both it's a boy/it's a girl confetti. Have them put the correct confetti inside a black balloon and blow it up.

*take the gender to the party store and have a big box. Have them fill the box with the correct color balloons for the gender

*go to the paint store with the gender and have them make a quart of paint in the correct gender color

*make a pinata and have someone fill it with pink or blue stuff
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #5
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love the cake idea- and Erica's are good too!!
Old 03-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #6
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love the pinata idea for the gender reveal, I bet your son would have a blast helping out with that!!

Boys names - that's a tough one... Dustin, Martin?
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #7
sdavis514
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the start, ladies.

I like the balloon, box and pinata ideas. I am trying to let go and compromise about the gender part. But there is a whole part of me that does not want even my DH and mom to know before me So taking the envelope to the store and having them do it, still incorporates it into the party but we all find out at the same time. My sister wants the reveal to be Mother's day instead ( which will be a whole month earlier than the baby shower )

Names-

For boy names I have these possibilities- opinions ?

Brocktin
Feltin
Fintin
Keltin
Westin

Girls names are harder -
I like the old fashiones classic girls names but not too popular. Olivia, Isabella, Elaneor, Emily, and Elizabeth are all out as I have close family or friends that already used those ones recently

I think of the little Mermaid whenever I hear Ursala too! I actually did know a lady a few years back with that name and everytime I saw her, I thought of the little Mermaid. Don't think I could name my baby that! LOL

Girls names are soooooo hard!!!! Ahhh
Old 03-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #8
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

For the reveal, a friend of mine had her SIL bake a cake and color the cake blue or pink and then frost it in white, so they didn't know until they cut into it at the baby shower that it was a boy.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #9
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdavis514 View Post
Thanks for the start, ladies.

I like the balloon, box and pinata ideas. I am trying to let go and compromise about the gender part. But there is a whole part of me that does not want even my DH and mom to know before me So taking the envelope to the store and having them do it, still incorporates it into the party but we all find out at the same time. My sister wants the reveal to be Mother's day instead ( which will be a whole month earlier than the baby shower )

Names-

For boy names I have these possibilities- opinions ?

Brocktin
Feltin
Fintin
Keltin
Westin

Girls names are harder -
I like the old fashiones classic girls names but not too popular. Olivia, Isabella, Elaneor, Emily, and Elizabeth are all out as I have close family or friends that already used those ones recently

I think of the little Mermaid whenever I hear Ursala too! I actually did know a lady a few years back with that name and everytime I saw her, I thought of the little Mermaid. Don't think I could name my baby that! LOL

Girls names are soooooo hard!!!! Ahhh
I totally think the same thing with Ursala!!!!!! I taught an Ariel once too....every time I looked at her I wanted to break out singing, "Under the Sea."

I like the cake idea for the gender reveal myself, but I know several people have done that before.

Out of the boys possible names you mentioned, I kind of like Brocktin or Westin. No help here with the girl names.....all of them that I would have suggested you nixed or someone else already mentioned.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #10
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Emma and Olivia,

names of boys that end in "tin"

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/ending/1/tin (some pretty cool ones in there)

My husband wanted to know, so we found out what we are having. If you want to know around the 30 week mark, why not find out now? I mean, when you are 30 weeks preggo with twins, it'll be a lot harder to get the gender things you want to get as you may be on bed rest, or too tired, or whatever. If you are going to find out, find out now