Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #11
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Re: Ebay question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kynid View Post
I guess that is what I meant. If someone buys multiple items from me then I invoice them so they get combined shipping. I guess you could raise the cost, but that violates ebay's terms.
There are some occasions where I've legitimately raised the shipping costs, and both were at the buyer's request. Once they asked me to ship priority (expedited) when I only had first-class as the shipping option. The second time they wanted me to not fold up the item and squeeze into a padded flat rate mailer but to ship in a box instead. I had put in the description that I would be mailing it in the PFRE and that the buyer could message me at auction end if they wanted it shipped differently.

These are the types of scenarios for which eBay is giving the option of raising the shipping price. Obviously the seller should do everything in their power to lower the price if possible. In fact, if somehow my actual shipping is far less than what I charged the buyer (usually in the case of international shipping), I always message the buyer and tell them I will issue a goodwill refund of the difference once they receive the item and are satisfied with it.

Advertisement

Last edited by expaik; 03-25-2013 at 05:02 PM.
expaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #12
33andunder
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

"Examples of prohibited behavior include:
Entering an amount for shipping costs when you're listing an item, and then indicating that you charge a different amount either in the item description or after the buyer has committed to buying the item"

You cannot up the shipping price afterwards! It is totally against the rules.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:39 PM   #13
megs715
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thank you everyone. I knew when I wrote that email that I was being more than nice to her. I thought her email back was nasty and uncalled for, however I can leave appropriate feedback after all is said and done. She ended up issuing a full refund (I think in hopes of me not paying, so she could relist the items). I repaid through paypal (rather than Ebay), as the invoices she sent me, kept coming up with the item being no longer valid (or something similar). But before I paid in pp, I wrote her a message in Ebay (so I have copies) that state exactly what I was doing and why I was paying that way. She didn't respond to any of it (except to let me know she was refunding), but she did ship the items today. Thank you again!
megs715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:37 AM   #14
Robin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by megs715 View Post
Thank you everyone. I knew when I wrote that email that I was being more than nice to her. I thought her email back was nasty and uncalled for, however I can leave appropriate feedback after all is said and done. She ended up issuing a full refund (I think in hopes of me not paying, so she could relist the items). I repaid through paypal (rather than Ebay), as the invoices she sent me, kept coming up with the item being no longer valid (or something similar). But before I paid in pp, I wrote her a message in Ebay (so I have copies) that state exactly what I was doing and why I was paying that way. She didn't respond to any of it (except to let me know she was refunding), but she did ship the items today. Thank you again!
Wow! Yes, please leave appropriate feedback for this seller.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:39 AM   #15
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by megs715 View Post
Ah. So in addition to jacking up shipping costs, now she violates eBay policy by cleverly cancelling the eBay transaction and billing you directly through paypal so she can avoid paying eBay fees on this sale. She was able to do that since she had your PP addy. What a jerk.

You have another count on which to report her.

Last edited by expaik; 03-26-2013 at 09:40 AM.
expaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:44 AM   #16
acwakip
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It always irks me when people throw around "I do this in what little spare time I have."
You list an item, you sell an item with the terms agreed upon. You determine when the item ends, so you should plan on it taking time! Ebay isn't a charity and if I am paying you for something, you're not doing me a favor by upholding your end of the transaction.
acwakip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #17
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by acwakip View Post
It always irks me when people throw around "I do this in what little spare time I have."
You list an item, you sell an item with the terms agreed upon. You determine when the item ends, so you should plan on it taking time! Ebay isn't a charity and if I am paying you for something, you're not doing me a favor by upholding your end of the transaction.
Right? Being busy doesn't warrant breaking rules, nor should it make someone glad you managed to find the time to do a transaction at all. Don't have time to do it right? Either don't do it, or don't get upset when someone points out where you are lacking.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

Last edited by Hillargh; 03-26-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #18
ltlmrs
Registered Users
seller

I say report her. This sounds incredibly odd.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #19
SillyLily
Registered Users
seller
seller

She can't actually cancel the original transaction without you agreeing (or failing to reply to the request to cancel), so thankfully you'll still be able to leave feedback.
Like to travel? Travel deals referral link.
SillyLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:30 PM   #20
megs715
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Ebay question UPDATED with a new question

bump
megs715 is offline   Reply With Quote