Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

Walking issues

My dd is going to be 20 months in a few days (she was born 2 months premature). Well she is not walking yet or at least not on her own she will hold your hand & walk all day. She will walk holding the walls & furniture & she has walked across her bedroom once all by herself but not since . It seems like she favors her right side she likes to walk on that side . Walking stairs she always uses her right foot she did alternate a bit today. Try to practice with her. I'm just wondering if she's behind or should I be worried & get this checked out which knowing me I will anyway cause I worry.

Advertisement

lilannies mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Walking issues

I would definitely do an Early Intervention eval. DS walked at about 18 months, but was in PT twice a week. There is possibly some core strength issues causing the delay. For us, an OT and a PT evaluted both kids, and pointed out things to me that I hadn't really noticed. Its free, they come to your house, and they make it fun for kiddo. You have nothing to lose.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:28 AM   #3
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
You could have eval. If not oldest if u have other kids sometimes the younger ones don't feel need to walK as early.

My girls though were 7 & 8 month walkers. I have heard of later ones being just fine too just no feeling like they need to go til they are ready. My oldest started by holding hands then off & running. Neither of my girls did much if at all of crawling stage til after walking (besides stairs for my younger girl upstairs as we have 2 swtory house).
Old 03-26-2013, 07:25 AM   #4
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Walking issues

I wouldn't put a big WORRY label on this, but I would have a pediatric physical therapist do an evaluation.

Since she is moving and grooving while you hold her hand, I don't see any scary red flags. She just may need a little nudg to get going on her own. A PT can help with that.
NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #5
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

Thanks mamas I called her pedi & he's going to check her out then get us set up for an evaluation just to be sure. So I'm hoping like one of the pp's stayed that they will come to our home she would do better than going to an office cause all she does is scream in any office that looks like a drs office she hates it. Her pedi plays guitar so he plays her a song every time so she will associate fun & good memories. His office is even on a farm with horses & goats & all kinds of animals to see she likes that part but once were in its over lol! I'm hoping she just needs some more muscle or something she's my one & only so I worry touch I know lol!
lilannies mama is offline   Reply With Quote