Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #31
hailey1312
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: So many cavities, so little time.

My dd has has 6 cavities but I could SEE all of them and took her to the dentist and pointed them out to the dentist. I knew what they were by looking. I wouldn't have them treat something I couldn't see to be honest. Can you take them back to the ped dentist for a 2nd opinion? I watched a show on tv about dentist who take certain types of insurance they did a LOT of unnecessary procedures or made things more expensive because they would crown a whole tooth for a tiny brown spot. It was awful. The ped dentist I take my dd too is very honest and lets me stay with her the whole time. He shows me what he's going to do and why. I think if you have a gut feeling you need to follow it.

Advertisement

hailey1312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #32
chameleon607
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: So many cavities, so little time.

I had never had a cavity in my life, and at 26 years old, I went to a new dentist who said I had 10. 10!!!??!!? I had them filled because I thought that was my only option and that was what I was supposed to do. I'm now almost 36 and have never had another cavity. I questioned my current dentist, who is also a friend, and she said that what one dentist may consider a cavity, another may not...that some dentists see areas that they think are turning into cavities and will recommend a filling. I now know that teeth can heal themselves with proper nutritional help...I wish I would have had that information years ago!! I also wish I would have realized that a second opinion would have been helpful!

Last edited by chameleon607; 03-26-2013 at 08:45 PM.
chameleon607 is offline   Reply With Quote