Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #11
FlyingMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Which method of PT worked for you?

I used the 3 day potty training method the pp used with the understanding that it would probably take at least a week. DD1 was 22 months and it took 5-6 days and then she was pretty good after that. An accident here or there for a month and then she was pt day and night. DD2 was 26 months and she got it in 2 days. I was super impressed! She is pretty strong willed and independent so I was unsure how she would do even though I knew she was ready. Good luck! My recommendation, once you go to underwear, don't go back to diapers. Pretend they don't exist.

Advertisement

Old 03-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #12
JPHipster
Registered Users

Definitely checking out Oh Crap and the Three-day program - thanks mamas! I heed to get daycare on board, too.
JPHipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #13
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just checked out the 3 day method. I just might have to get that e-book.
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #14
crunchycrossfitmamaof2++
Registered Users
Formerly: smalltownmama
seller
seller

My Mood:
I found a one day method on Pinterest I'm trying tomorrow
crunchycrossfitmamaof2++ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:12 AM   #15
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sidenote from a child development perspective: there's a BIG gender difference in this area, so you'll likely see a lot of parents of girls mentioning the 2-year-old range and parents of boys mentioning the 3-year-old range (along with continued nocturnal wetting for many more years due to their physiology). Best wishes, I'm sure you'll listen to your child and it will go smoothly!
Old 03-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #16
GirlFriday13th
Registered Users
seller
seller

Two boys and both were potty trained shortly after turning two.
I didn't use a method with the first, he thought pee and poop were gross so letting him run around naked with access to a potty was all it took.
I used oh crap! With the second, he needed a little more structure.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #17
Lousli
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I used Oh Crap with my youngest. In the book, she says gender doesn't make a difference, but for sure there is a window that you want to start in, from 20-30 months old.

My oldest daughter (no method, many mistakes) was older than 3 and we had some poop withholding and it was a nightmare. My middle one was helped along greatly by being in cloth diapers and going to in-home childcare several mornings during the week and she was trained by 2.5.

My youngest daughter we started with the Oh Crap method when she was 22 months and by 23 months she was completely trained. There were a couple of rough weeks in there. But now at 25 months she is in undies all day and is dry at naptime and most nights! I swear by that book!
Old 03-28-2013, 11:57 AM   #18
Aluckydenvermint
Registered Users

I keep seeing mention of knowing when they are ready. My question is how did you know your DS or DD was ready? My DS is 22 months and I think he's interested but I'm not really sure...
Aluckydenvermint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #19
Solcatia
Registered Users

I think we may just have to check out some of these methods mentioned. We've been just taking it slow and no-stress. But I think a weekend diaper free with easy access to his potty may do the trick. We're so close (I think/hope)! :-)
Solcatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #20
mirichie
Registered Users

After reading the reviews for Potty Train Your Child in Just One Day by Teri Crane, I decided that was the route I was going to try. The reason it is so wonderful, in my opinion, is because it makes potty training a happy thing. You literally throw a potty training party for your little one! What little kid doesn't like that? Also, it tells you the signs to look for to know they're ready, and has them practice first by teaching their little doll/stuffed animal, which was helpful. It's a proven method that I believe would work for almost any child, and I would recommend it to anyone!
mirichie is offline   Reply With Quote