Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
Liaklong
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Boingo? Why or why not?

I know they are cute, but.... I keep on putting them in my cart at cottonbabies but need help deciding. I know it's not like they are a huge investment to try or anything, but I dislike spending money on anything I'm not sure whether or not I will use.

Cuteness factor is minorly important, but functionality is most important. I use snappis & like them. I prefer them to snapped fitteds. I use workhorses, SBish multis & other WAHM snapless OSs w/snappi or a diaper pin.

Any advice for or against adding boingos to my stash?

Advertisement

Liaklong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Boingo? Why or why not?

I get a much tighter fit with my Boingos.

The bottom leg of the Snappi always popped up when my kids slid off the couch or whatever. (When they're little they roll onto their bellies and slide down.)

There isn't compression across my son's junk.

There isn't pressure across my kids' bellies.

With a Snappi, the top front of my prefolds or flats always sort of rolls out. With Boingos, it's a smooth fit across their tummies.

I can fasten side snap style.

My son likes the stars.

Because I have a pair that glows in the dark.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #3
Nattiecake
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Really good pros list above!

For cons... They break easily, and they are way sharper than snappi's. I snagged myself with them a few times. They were always hard for me to use because I feel like there's nothing to grab onto. I also didn't like the red marks my little guy had on his hip bone area when I used them.

They are great for small babes (one used in front of a flat or pf) or for side snap lovers.

+ + + + + my boutique baby shop
Nattiecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #4
Liaklong
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks mamas! Anyone else want to share additional pros and/or cons?
Liaklong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #5
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've tried and tried, but I cannot get a good fit with a boingo. I thought I'd get the hang of it, but it just isn't happening. I got rid of all my snappis to use a boingo, but sometimes I wonder. I'll make it work, though. No big deal.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #6
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have only used ours once so far because I got a few snag holes. I loved the fit with them though, if th holes close up in the wash I will keep using them.
s@hmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #7
aries416
Registered Users
seller

It always came loose for me. I could never get it tight enough. It also bothered me, that it took 2 hands when I can snappi with 1. The snappi process is just so much faster, imo.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #8
ltlmrs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattiecake View Post
Really good pros list above!

For cons... They break easily, and they are way sharper than snappi's. I snagged myself with them a few times. They were always hard for me to use because I feel like there's nothing to grab onto. I also didn't like the red marks my little guy had on his hip bone area when I used them.

They are great for small babes (one used in front of a flat or pf) or for side snap lovers.
The other con is that there is a steep learning curve. For me the snappi was very intuitive, after weeks of practice I only feel like I'm just now getting the sort of fit I want with the boingo.

I think long term, once I figure it out, I will actually prefer the boingo though because I like adjusting each side separately just like with pins.
ltlmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #9
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltlmrs View Post
The other con is that there is a steep learning curve. For me the snappi was very intuitive, after weeks of practice I only feel like I'm just now getting the sort of fit I want with the boingo.

I think long term, once I figure it out, I will actually prefer the boingo though because I like adjusting each side separately just like with pins.
Huh... I didn't really have this learning curve issue. Maybe because I have also dappled with pins? Of the three (Boingo, Snappi, or pins), Boingos are my favorites.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #10
ltlmrs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeviolin View Post
Huh... I didn't really have this learning curve issue. Maybe because I have also dappled with pins? Of the three (Boingo, Snappi, or pins), Boingos are my favorites.
I used pins exclusively for about a month with Ladybug and off and on with Itsy. Not perfect with them, but I didn't have as steep a learning curve as the boingo. The biggest issue with the boingo for me was figuring out where to grip it so that my fingers wouldn't get caught.