Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:05 AM   #1
Registered Users
gift for second baby

what's a smallish item you'd love to have for a second child? I have a friend who's 2 yo son was born in Nov and is due with another son the end of May. I too have a 2yo and a newborn, but with the exception of extra burp cloths and boy things (since our 2yo is a girl), there's not much more I really need - now want's are different! I am planning to make a meal to eat and one for the freezer once the baby comes, but would like a little gift too, maybe even something for the 2yo, so if it was you, what would you want?

gghmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #2
Registered Users
Perhaps things like new pacifiers, new swaddlers (like the ones with Velcro that may wear out over time), bath wash and lotion, or even a little basket of hygiene things like a baby toothbrush, Orajel, etc. for the older boy I would suggest something grown up like a child sized tool set, cleaning set, or garden set (amazon has great ones) to represent that he has new responsibilities as a big brother. Kids love to feel helpful!
Helloloni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:55 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: gift for second baby

aden + anais blanket?
Anna, Catholic Mama & RN to Noah (12), Sophia (9), Quinn (8) & Joseph (4) and Francis (2) & newbie squish, Anthony (6/15).
threestraycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

Someone brought my son socks when the newbie was born and he loved it! They were fun ones - Cookie Monster, bulldozers and dinosaurs. He wore them until they fell apart.
NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #5
Registered Users
We needed new bibs, the velcro had all worn by the time DS1 was done w/ bibs. He only used swaddlers until he was rolling to his belly, which was only 8 wks of age. So they were like new.
Proud SAHM to Connor (8-6-10) and our little born 4-14-13
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
Registered Users

I gave a friend a wrap (Moby) and some little blocks and puzzles for the toddler. I know that that was something I really appreciated when I had my 2nd so my toddler could play at my feet quitely and I could engage him with the puzzle while still nursing the baby.
Married to my soulmate Chris since 2004 Mama to big boy D 8/12/06, Big Girl M 3/7/10 and my sweet new boy E 9/10/12!

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #7
Registered Users
My Mood:

real toddler silverware. Of course, that depends on how the kid is doing eating on their own. We recently got my 2yo real silverware and the fork actually picks things up properly and the spoon fits in her mouth better since it's not like a spatula spoon.

socks are always good too, my DD loves socks.

As for the baby........ um... a different type of jammie? If she had a nov baby and now is having a may baby, the clothes are completely different.
SAHM to Magnolia May (09/10) and Luke Russett (04/13) and wife and best friend to my airman.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #8
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
My Mood:
Matching/coordinating Hanna Anderson pajamas for each child?

A Magnadoodle for the 2 year old, or an activity book?

Padraig slippers.

A set of wooden keys for baby and a helicopter for the 2 year old:
Danielle, Nick, Gigi ('08) and William ('11)
Happy Family
danielle is offline   Reply With Quote