Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
gghmommy
Registered Users

could this be infected?

background, my first got infected 3 weeks post op, but c/s was done emergent at 28 weeks. I'm now 8 weeks post op on planned c/s at 38 weeks. I've been checking my incision regularly and noticed yesterday something that looked like an ingrown hair. today it seemed larger and slightly boggy, so I washed hands and squished- blood only no pus, but the opening seems a little large, smaller than a pencil eraser, but larger than I'm comfortable with. think it's ok to wait till Monday to check in with my dr. she is around, but not in the office until Tues, but she knows my history with previous infection so would maybe come take a look. I have no pain, redness, any other "infection" symptoms. what would you do? Tomorrow's Easter, last time I called my doc on Christmas Eve! I have a real problem with holidays!

Advertisement

gghmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: could this be infected?

It sounds like what I had with my second child. It was like a blood pimple. My dr said blood had accumulated and would eventually break through the skin. He said it was no big deal as long as it didn't show signs of infection. When my broke through though I had enough blood it was running down my legs and pooling in the tub where I ran when I felt the blood on my legs. IF he hadn't told me to expect something I would have been in the ER. As it was I didn't expect quite that much blood. It was scary but since it didn't hurt I waited it out. It healed back up and was fine. My recovery from that surgery was faster and smoother than with my first one.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
gghmommy
Registered Users

Thank for responding, I'm a bit anxious, but trying to not get worked up. My hubby had to pack my last infection for weeks. It was not fun. this sounds reasonable.
gghmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Have you tried pushing out the excess blood? I did this to hurry it up once I got over the sight of what looked like tons of blood oozing out of my incision. After the bleeding stopped (which it did after a few minutes) I went back to my normal recover activities. It was basically like a large pimple had popped except unlike many pimples it didn't hurt.

Years later when I mentioned it to another doctor she asked if I had pushed the remainder of the blood out. I said yes I had. She said I should so the old blood isn't just sitting there risking infection.

Last edited by qsefthuko; 03-30-2013 at 07:54 PM.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote