Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
stephbrown13
Registered Users

Must-have baby gear of share your registry!

With DS1 we had a small house and I tried to keep everything minimal, no swing, no bouncers, exersaucers, no baby bath etc etc... we didn't even need a baby monitor! Mostly I got lots of baby carriers and LOTS of diapers With DS2 we had a friend who recommended setting up places I could put the baby down where he'd be "safe" from 1.5 year old DS1 if I had to run to the bathroom or do something so we got a swing and a bouncer and they were nice to use for a few months. As a splurge I also bought a nice diaper bag which I didn't have the first time around.

Now with #3 there really isn't anything we NEED (except some girly things this time around, but we're in the position where we can afford to buy a few nice or fun things so is there anything that you love or recommend? I've been looking at Rock n play sleepers and think I can probably borrow one. Usually we just bathe the babies in the regular bathtub, but since I'll have a splashy 1.5 and 3 year old I'm thinking maybe one of those Puj foam things for the sink?

Or would anyone be interested in sharing the link to your baby registry? I love looking at people's baby registries. I don't think we'll have a shower, but probably a few family members will ask if there's anything we want so I'd like to have some ideas. Here's mine, it's not that exciting: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re...y/T4JX3C6L3XE5

Advertisement

Mama to DS1 05/03/10 and DS2 12/13/11. Due with #3 07/21/13
stephbrown13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
stephbrown13
Registered Users

Re: Must-have baby gear of share your registry!

Nothing? No one has any baby gear that they just love?
Mama to DS1 05/03/10 and DS2 12/13/11. Due with #3 07/21/13
stephbrown13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #3
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
A swing!!
Old 03-30-2013, 08:07 AM   #4
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Must-have baby gear of share your registry!

DH and I have always loved the baby bathtubs (most come with a sling insert for the newborn stage) that fit over the kitchen sink. It's great to be able to use the sink sprayer on baby. Later you can put it in the tub next to an older sibling. (or do that from the beginning, but DH really treasures his one on one bath time with his newbies)

The swing went over great with all 3 of mine. Bouncy seat not so much.

Sling and MT were uber helpful.

We turned the dining room into a babysafe place and gated it off.

If you are Christian, there is a CD out there called "Bless My Little Girl" that was absolutely wonderful. One song just flows into the other and it's all very soothing music. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/B00369E4PE You can hear a sample of the first song. I just listened to it and teared up. There's also one for boys.

entire album http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/B000008MCS

Last edited by mcpforever; 03-30-2013 at 08:08 AM.
mcpforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #5
omahamama731
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Swing is a must have! The motor in mine conked out after Baby 3, so I am going to buy a new one that has an AC adapter. I would always forget to recharge the batteries with my old one.

I put the least expensive bouncy seat I could find in each of the bathrooms so I always had a place close-by to set baby

I really like the waterproof changing pads by KangaCare. I have 3. I use it on the pack-n-play (also a must have!) changer & sometimes in bed when baby is learning to nurse lying down.

I would really like a soft-structured carrier. I will use the ring sling I have until baby is a little older, though.

Can't have too many swaddling/receiving blankets. Prefolds/flats make great burp cloths, too!

This is my first summer baby, but I really like those fleece swaddleme wraps. I'm going to get a couple cotton ones, probably, but may still use the fleece ones I have as a double duty diaper cover/swaddler at night.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #6
77Lipen
Registered Users

Bouncy/vibrating chair was my go to thing.

Lo didn't take to the swing my mom bought us, but the free vibrating chair she loved.
77Lipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #7
77Lipen
Registered Users

Baby bath tub is a nice extra so you don't waste as much water.

But I really really like the vibrating chair. If she didn't like it as a baby it becomes a rocking chair for toddlers. It also gives me a seat to put her in if I want to go to the kitchen and I haven't swept the floor... Lol
77Lipen is offline   Reply With Quote