Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2013, 10:26 PM   #11
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzerin
This sorta happened to me. I listed a large lot, I had a buyer interested in 4 diapers and was wanting to know I total, I messages her back asking for her zip code (to calculate shipping so I could give her a final price) And her pp addy.

I didn't hear back from her until 12 hours later, so in the meantime, I had a buyer that was interested in my entire lot so I sold it to her.

I PM'd the original mama back after she got back to me tonight, to tell her that the items had sold. She kindly responded that her experience was a listing was pending if a pp addy was requested.

Is this spelled out somewhere? I feel like until I invoice someone, the listing is up for whomever gets back to me first with their address. Am I wrong?

I just want to mention this mama was very kind and tactful in her response, I'm just trying to learn the ropes for any future listing I might have.
Not that many people invoice.. So I guess yeah, if an addy is requested I sorta think its pending. Usually you give the buyer your addy. But your example was kinda still iffy. If you want a shipping quote from me but someone else doesn't, I go with easy. LOL.

Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #12
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: how would you proceed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzerin View Post
This sorta happened to me. I listed a large lot, I had a buyer interested in 4 diapers and was wanting to know I total, I messages her back asking for her zip code (to calculate shipping so I could give her a final price) And her pp addy.

I didn't hear back from her until 12 hours later, so in the meantime, I had a buyer that was interested in my entire lot so I sold it to her.

I PM'd the original mama back after she got back to me tonight, to tell her that the items had sold. She kindly responded that her experience was a listing was pending if a pp addy was requested.

Is this spelled out somewhere? I feel like until I invoice someone, the listing is up for whomever gets back to me first with their address. Am I wrong?

I just want to mention this mama was very kind and tactful in her response, I'm just trying to learn the ropes for any future listing I might have.
Invoicing is not common practice here at all. There are people who do it, but the norm is for the buyer to ask for YOUR pp addy, and they send money that way.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #13
linzerin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I guess I'm the exception. I learned to invoice from one of the first purchases I made as a buyer. I like the feature because as the seller, I can list exactly what I am selling so we are on the same page.

I just figured until money exchanges hands, the sale is up for grabs. Because I personally like invoices, that has been my practice so far (sale is pending once invoice is sent). Maybe I just need to spell that out in my listing from here on out.

This has been a good learning experience, that is for sure!
linzerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #14
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: how would you proceed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzerin View Post
I guess I'm the exception. I learned to invoice from one of the first purchases I made as a buyer. I like the feature because as the seller, I can list exactly what I am selling so we are on the same page.

I just figured until money exchanges hands, the sale is up for grabs. Because I personally like invoices, that has been my practice so far (sale is pending once invoice is sent). Maybe I just need to spell that out in my listing from here on out.

This has been a good learning experience, that is for sure!
There's certainly nothing wrong with it, but I think you have a good idea about putting it in your listings. That potential buyer thought by asking for your pp addy she was "claiming" them, so it would definitely prevent any confusion in the future
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:59 PM   #15
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses

There's certainly nothing wrong with it, but I think you have a good idea about putting it in your listings. That potential buyer thought by asking for your pp addy she was "claiming" them, so it would definitely prevent any confusion in the future
Agree
Old 04-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #16
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Unless a pp address (on either side) is given I wouldn't assume anything pending unless there is specific details to state such.
pottermomma is offline   Reply With Quote