Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #11
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottermomma
I told her I'd send it back because I can't do anything to them without voiding my pp protection and it isn't worth the price I paid. She really wants me to keep it and told me to wash it and try and sun the stains out and is saintly coating pp to figure out how I can and keep protection (which we all know I can't and I won't). I've just been completely turned off. I'm sad because I love the diaper design and wanted to try the wahm but the condition is not what I wanted and not worth $20 imo. She claims she paid $30 and never even washed it and it's only been used 5x, which I find hard to believe as it looks more worn than any diaper I own and I have a 2.0 bg! I would call it guc at best with the stains.

The only reason I haven't opened is the hope that she'll just give me some of my $ back and we can be done. She'll probably eat at least $8 between shipping twice (selling again) and pp fees. she point blank refused to lose anymore money on it and would only take it back a few hours ago.
At this point I would just file with PayPal and send it back.

Advertisement

Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #12
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynid View Post
How did she use it 5x and never wash it?
I would open a dispute and send it back.
I think she meant the seller said it was never used by her, and only 5x by the owner before her. Which, doesn't mean jack anyway.

I would cease communication and file.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:11 PM   #13
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

DO NOT WASH IT! If you wash or use it at all PayPal won't take your side. I've had a transaction on here before where the seller didn't notice the stains (or didn't think they were as serious as I did), and where her photos didn't show them clearly because of the flash sort of white-washing the photo. It ended in a partial refund, which maybe you could get her to agree to. But if I had it to do over again it's less hassle (and I think less hard feelings all around) to just send it back.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:53 AM   #14
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

So you bought a diaper by picture alone? No description at all? I'm not sure how you can claim not as described if you didn't ask questions and she didn't describe it. Maybe I am Mis- understanding?' As a seller she should have described it but as a buyer you have a responsibility to ask questions about a diaper.

If it's unacceptable in your opinion then send it back and get a refund but use this as a learning experience to ask questions and ask for more detailed questions.

If I am misunderstanding then I am sorry. Btw. I never do partial refunds any more because I have been scammed way too many times. I guess I am just jaded that way now.

Last edited by ulawolf; 04-02-2013 at 05:54 AM.
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:13 AM   #15
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm sol aren't I?

I asked for more pictures. She said it was used 5x only and not by her I took that, and the pictures, to mean it was in like-new/excellent used condition. Even if I had asked she would have said the EXACT same things she said when I contacted her that there were NO stains (she claims there were none and is basically saying either USPS or I put them there) and for me, at least, pictures mean more than someone using words when it comes to buying things and I saw the diaper from every angle in the pictures so it is not as described.

She sent yet another pictures last night while I was sleeping, once again claiming there were no stains (the quality/lighting are horrible of course it doesn't show anything and she never posted this one to me or online) and that since the account was in her husband's name he'd 'try' and contact them today. I'd had enough, I called PP myself and she told me to NOT send it back without filing because she is being shady and could change the PP address and claim they'd never gotten it and because I didn't file I'd be SOL a diaper and $ so I filed and will go from there. She claims it will take much longer doing it this way and I would have just sent it back but she's being totally shady and passive aggressive. She may honestly have missed the stains they aren't glaringly bright (like I've said to her numerous times to her) and probably does think I'm scamming her but I'm not! I contacted her within minutes of getting the diaper and have been nothing but nice and trying to work with her. I feel bad that she's out money either way but she should do a better job checking her diapers before selling them if she is, indeed, being truthful (which I doubt she is. Who buys something, never uses it, and then resells it without even trying to get what they paid for it?)

Last edited by pottermomma; 04-02-2013 at 06:15 AM.
pottermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #16
pinktoes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
OP, you just feel you overpaid by $5?

Is it worth the dispute and headache for $5? Maybe just ask for $5 back or just take as a learning experience that you need to ask more questions. Maybe the seller genuinely didn't notice the stains on the outside, you mentions they were faint. She probably just double checked the inside, if she never used it then probably didn't pay much attention.

Take it as a $5 learning fee to ask more questions next time. The dipe still works as promised, most likely. Are you planning on taking photos of your LO in it in bright light?
I understand that you are ticked but why cause a huge issue over what could have been an honest mistake?
pinktoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:24 AM   #17
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottermomma View Post
I asked for more pictures. She said it was used 5x only and not by her I took that, and the pictures, to mean it was in like-new/excellent used condition. Even if I had asked she would have said the EXACT same things she said when I contacted her that there were NO stains (she claims there were none and is basically saying either USPS or I put them there) and for me, at least, pictures mean more than someone using words when it comes to buying things and I saw the diaper from every angle in the pictures so it is not as described.

She sent yet another pictures last night while I was sleeping, once again claiming there were no stains (the quality/lighting are horrible of course it doesn't show anything and she never posted this one to me or online) and that since the account was in her husband's name he'd 'try' and contact them today. I'd had enough, I called PP myself and she told me to NOT send it back without filing because she is being shady and could change the PP address and claim they'd never gotten it and because I didn't file I'd be SOL a diaper and $ so I filed and will go from there. She claims it will take much longer doing it this way and I would have just sent it back but she's being totally shady and passive aggressive. She may honestly have missed the stains they aren't glaringly bright (like I've said to her numerous times to her) and probably does think I'm scamming her but I'm not! I contacted her within minutes of getting the diaper and have been nothing but nice and trying to work with her. I feel bad that she's out money either way but she should do a better job checking her diapers before selling them if she is, indeed, being truthful (which I doubt she is. Who buys something, never uses it, and then resells it without even trying to get what they paid for it?)
To be fair you didn't mention those things in your pp. Also even if she says no to those questions you are able to show PayPal that you asked and she answered. It sounds to me if she wants you to file she is being honest. PayPal will know if she changes her address so that would be dumb of her

Anyway it sounds like sending them back makes the most sense. She is out shipping but then she will check her diapers better. You are out shipping them back. No need to feel bad imo.
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:44 AM   #18
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Just answering your question. Sorry for not posting that to start with.

I'd never heard of the address change but if someone at pp is bringing it up then it might be the new scam. :-\ they could claim they moved/rented the address out or something and I can see pp siding with that as you can't prove that's their primary if they changed the address. And no she really wants me to keep it lol. Not that I blame her she's losing almost half the price taking it back and reselling it. We'll see what ends up happening...
pottermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #19
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm sol aren't I?

File in paypal and have her post the return address in paypal notes.

You ship to that address with DC/Tracking (DC has recently changed and is now called tracking)

You will have to pay to return the diaper but you will be refunded the full purchase price.

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote