Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
July 2013 Chat: Mar. 18-Apr. 1

Hey mommas!!! How's everyone doing? 22 wks & having a very rough couple wks. I recently lost my engagement ring thanks to my awesome pregnancy brain. And to top it off, this past week I realized my oil light wasn't working but not before I damaged my engine beyond repair. I am just ready for March to be over, because it s not my month. My ring wasn't anything fabulous, but it was my dream ring...a just over 1 ct. marquise cut solitaire. I am beyond sad! We will never be in a position to replace it. I'm not even sure how we're going to pay for a new engine & we HAVE to have that as our car is the only vehicle we have.

Advertisement

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
Formerly: lovinmomma24
seller

My Mood:
Re: July 2013 Chat: Mar. 18-Apr. 1

Oh my, Deanna. Well, things have gotta' look up from here, right? We all go through times when it seems like when it rains, it pours.
My fridge went out 2 weeks ago and now dh's car is running hot.

The ring? You'll probably find that thing in the weirdest place imaginable in 6 months or so, lol! Tell Levi you'll pay him to find it. I do that sometimes works every time.

I went to a very large consignment today that happens twice a year. I got maternity clothes that I didn't really need but couldn't resist, a booster seat for dinner table, some clothes for pee-mite (1 yr. old), a ring sling that looks brand new ($15), and a Pump in Style ($20)--I hope it works. Waiting on baby to get up from her nap so I can dig out my kit attachment and see if it works. a nursing cover, some diaper liners, crayola wonder bundle, --I think that's all.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglesnsunshine
Oh my, Deanna. Well, things have gotta' look up from here, right? We all go through times when it seems like when it rains, it pours.
My fridge went out 2 weeks ago and now dh's car is running hot.

The ring? You'll probably find that thing in the weirdest place imaginable in 6 months or so, lol! Tell Levi you'll pay him to find it. I do that sometimes works every time.

I went to a very large consignment today that happens twice a year. I got maternity clothes that I didn't really need but couldn't resist, a booster seat for dinner table, some clothes for pee-mite (1 yr. old), a ring sling that looks brand new ($15), and a Pump in Style ($20)--I hope it works. Waiting on baby to get up from her nap so I can dig out my kit attachment and see if it works. a nursing cover, some diaper liners, crayola wonder bundle, --I think that's all.
I forgot to mention that the main diamond in my wedding band also recently fell out. But the upside is the store we bought it from is going to replace it for free.

I'm currently stalking some jeans on eBay. I desperately need some new jeans that are under the belly jeans. I have 2 pair of full belly panel & I must be loosing a little in my booty & thighs because they fit great through my whole pregnancy with DS & I can barely keep them up this time. One pair I can't wear at all. I just bought a new pair at Motherhood that fit fantastic, but this new engine issue has got me wanting to return them & go for the ones on eBay & pray they fit.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:53 AM   #4
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh Deanna! That has just got to be so frustrating!

I have gotten bitten by the sewing bug BAD! Monday I sewed DD1 a t-shirt dress. Yesterday we picked out fabric for a summer nightie for DD1 and an Easter dress for me. I think we will go back and get the hot wheels fabric for DS2's summer jammies today. Then I can prewash the fabric and get to sewing!

As soon as I get my table back in the kitchen with the leaf, I am dying this last bit of yarn in colors I've had in my head for 5 years now!
Old 03-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
stephbrown13
Registered Users

March has been rough here too. A $10 bolt that had been recalled the previous 5 years, but not the year my car was made, broke and turned into a 5-7k repair so we ended up having to get rid of the car (Kia Sorento) because if we had payed for the repair we would have been completely upside down. The "good" news is, we were able to trade it in for what we owed, put a little down and I got a new-ish minivan which will be great for having three kids! Not excited about having a car payment again, we were so close to paying mine off, but oh well. On top of that we need to pay the midwife for the birth, taxes, and workman's comp and liability premiums for my husband's company. All together about 20k in a 6 week period which I'm freaking out about. We'd saved for the birth and workman's comp and insurance premiums, but the other expenses were total surprises. And I'm getting ready to be on maternity leave for three months and not bringing in a pay check. STRESSFUL.

I'm getting really excited about the baby though! I feel pretty good, and have been picking up a few girl things on clearance or at the consignment store here and there. It's going to be fun dressing a girl this time around
Mama to DS1 05/03/10 and DS2 12/13/11. Due with #3 07/21/13
stephbrown13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #6
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

To totally change the subject, (TMI warning) am I the only one that gets all excited to have a BM? It's like a major event for me and I feel like celebrating after.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #7
cinderella08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

^^
Expecting Oakley Lennon in March 2015!
cinderella08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:10 PM   #8
themrshunt
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom

I forgot to mention that the main diamond in my wedding band also recently fell out. But the upside is the store we bought it from is going to replace it for free.

I'm currently stalking some jeans on eBay. I desperately need some new jeans that are under the belly jeans. I have 2 pair of full belly panel & I must be loosing a little in my booty & thighs because they fit great through my whole pregnancy with DS & I can barely keep them up this time. One pair I can't wear at all. I just bought a new pair at Motherhood that fit fantastic, but this new engine issue has got me wanting to return them & go for the ones on eBay & pray they fit.
Sorry for all the rough stuff lately. I hope things are looking up. I hate maternity jean shopping. If they fit in the store they will fall off after 1 hour of wear or I can paint myself on and they finally get comfortable at the end of the day. Hope you can find some that work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever
Oh Deanna! That has just got to be so frustrating!

I have gotten bitten by the sewing bug BAD! Monday I sewed DD1 a t-shirt dress. Yesterday we picked out fabric for a summer nightie for DD1 and an Easter dress for me. I think we will go back and get the hot wheels fabric for DS2's summer jammies today. Then I can prewash the fabric and get to sewing!

As soon as I get my table back in the kitchen with the leaf, I am dying this last bit of yarn in colors I've had in my head for 5 years now!
I have the sewing bug and don't even really know what I'm doing. I love hearing about everyone else's projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephbrown13
March has been rough here too. A $10 bolt that had been recalled the previous 5 years, but not the year my car was made, broke and turned into a 5-7k repair so we ended up having to get rid of the car (Kia Sorento) because if we had payed for the repair we would have been completely upside down. The "good" news is, we were able to trade it in for what we owed, put a little down and I got a new-ish minivan which will be great for having three kids! Not excited about having a car payment again, we were so close to paying mine off, but oh well. On top of that we need to pay the midwife for the birth, taxes, and workman's comp and liability premiums for my husband's company. All together about 20k in a 6 week period which I'm freaking out about. We'd saved for the birth and workman's comp and insurance premiums, but the other expenses were total surprises. And I'm getting ready to be on maternity leave for three months and not bringing in a pay check. STRESSFUL.

I'm getting really excited about the baby though! I feel pretty good, and have been picking up a few girl things on clearance or at the consignment store here and there. It's going to be fun dressing a girl this time around
Boo on the bolt issue but I bet you will love having a van with 3. We bought a 7 passenger SUV about a month before finding out we were having twins. My brother in laws first reactions was good thing you bought a bigger car.
I hope you can find peace and not stress for the rest of your pregnancy, know God is in control and will take care of you.
themrshunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #9
jamiejo
Registered Users
seller

Deanna, I'm so sorry about your ring I lost one once, not my wedding or engagement, but a special ring to me. Thought it was truly gone. We found it 2 years later when we moved, under the leg of my nightstand broken. It had fallen under there and then I moved the night stand and broke it. I don't really care that it's broken. I got it for my 8th birthday and wore it until i lost it. I'm just glad to have it. I hope you're able to find yours
Old 04-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #10
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1505452