Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #21
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NappyChappy View Post

How far OD were you?
I wasn't I was 39w4d. I had been having prodromal for over a month and half. I had been progressing a cm a weeks and was 5 cm the day before I had DD. My midwife did a sweep and suggested castor oil if nothing started over night. She was worried about me being so dilated and not making it to the birth center (since all my labors have been about half the time as the last).

It worked and as expected I barely made it. I had DD 20 mins aftef we got there. Showed up at 9cms.

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!

Advertisement

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #22
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else still pregnant???

I am glad to hear it wasn't so horrible. Lots of people especially on the forums act like its the worst thing you can do. I think otherwise and if nothing happens after my sweep wednesday afternoon then we are going to go for it next monday. I hope I don't have to do either being I was due today.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #23
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NappyChappy View Post
I am glad to hear it wasn't so horrible. Lots of people especially on the forums act like its the worst thing you can do. I think otherwise and if nothing happens after my sweep wednesday afternoon then we are going to go for it next monday. I hope I don't have to do either being I was due today.
If you do just take it fast. Its pretty gag worthy.

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #24
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

pinch your nose to avoid tasting it!

i also think ppl can overreact about castor oil saying it causes meconium, etc. i often wonder about the chicken and egg theory as it pertains to castor oil- are there studies showing that castor oil made the baby poop in utero? OR was the baby late and it had already pooped and the mom took castor oil to get it out, and the assumption was made...

my first kiddo took almost the full 24 hrs to have her meconium bowel movement while my son passed his in the first couple hrs after birth. i drank it with both of them. it wasnt like my kiddos then had loose stools or anything, and like i said, neither did i! (i know for sure bc i had a waterbirth second time so i saw my poop, haha TMI)

and bc im rambling a lot - when i took it the first time, i told my OB i was going to and she gave me a big lecture about it, cautioned me against it, and then told me it wouldnt work. all of which i calmly ignored bc she had me signed up for a NST and was talking about my needing an induction in a few days- things i wanted to avoid bc of my desire for a natural birth. when she rushed in as my babys head came out and caught her, cleaned her up, she said, "so i guess you wont need that induction after all!" and i said, "yeah, i did one at home with castor oil". i guess she had no recollection of our convo bc she said, "oh that stuff works every time!"

all of this being said, i still think it should be a last resort remedy, and i liken it to getting fruit off of a tree. if its ripe and ready to fall, castor oil can give it that gentle shake that it needs to come off. if youre taking castor oil way ahead of your EDD and stressing your body and your baby who is cooking longer for a reason, it may cause violent shaking and only serve to damage the fruit, which wont fall anyhow.

good luck!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:34 PM   #25
wellsmommy
Registered Users
seller

I think I will wait to even consider it until I am 42 weeks. I am 40 and 4 now so I will give it a bit longer. I think you are right, if they are ready they will come. You know it really makes me curious though as to why some women remain pregnant for sooooooo long and others have a hard time carrying to full term. I wonder what the factors are??? Genetics, health, diet??? Just something to ponder I guess while I wait.

In the past we have tried everything and nothing but pitocin has done it. Sweeping membranes, sex....ect. I don't know, I am home birthing for the first time so obviously a pitocin induction is not a route to consider I just hope I go into labor on my own and soon!
wellsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:37 AM   #26
roseyroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
In regards to the castor oil.....my two previous pregnancies to this one I took castor oil with them. The second time I took it with them I had a baby that day or the following. I took it this time on two different occasions and it did nothing the first time...and I mean nothing ..i didn't even poop. The second time resulted in 6 hrs of false labor but didn't get my bowls moving much. My mw found out and completely went off on me about it...because of the meconium thing.....but with all 3 of those babies the water was clear. No meconium. But with this last birth he pooped almost as soon as he was born...but at thst point it had been 11days since id taken the caster oil so obviously unrelated. I didn't know about the risk of meconium in the water....or I would have probly only done it if I was nearing that 42wk cutoff mark....just incase. My mw seemed pretty surprised that his water was clear ..i wasnt since I had done it with my others and they to were clear...But she did say that it crosses the placenta. So I wonder too..do most moms use it when they are already past due? Making it where the baby has already passed meconium? Or does the oil make them since they are already ready? And my big question..if it crosses the placenta and causes them to have a bm...is thst because it gives them cramps too? Is that possible? cause that would make me feel really bad!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #27
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Being overdue is tough! I was with DS, totally expected to be with DD too but she surprised me coming 2 weeks early and FAST! Just offering hugs!! Hang in there! U will be holding your squish soon!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 04-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #28
nachoslyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I know how you feel guys. Hang in there.. LO arrived 40 weeks and 4 days! I thought we were going to still be preggers in APRIL. I was sooo over being preggers.. The day will come!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #29
itiswhatitis1984
Registered Users

My Mood:
Anyone still pregnant or just me I'm 40 weeks 6 days. I really wish my little guy would come!! I'm scheduled for induction next Friday(the 12) and really hope I don't make it till then!!
itiswhatitis1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #30
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

ME!!! I am 41w3d I have a bio-physical profile today, if we pass then the midwife and I are doing caster oil tomorrow morning. If we don't pass we are heading to the birth center for an induction. Please send me good vibes!