Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #161
cobbermama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes. In a heartbeat.

My job is fine (I'm a teacher) and I like what I do and I care about my students, but I would much rather spend the days with my own child.

Advertisement

Old 03-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #162
mommy2clara
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you could quit, would you?

My daughter is 2 now. When she was 18 months and younger, I would have said YES in a heartbeat. I was absolutely sick over being away from her 40 hrs/week when she was an infant and young toddler. If I was put in this situation right now, I'd probably still quit my job, but it would be with a little more hesitation; I'm a special education teacher and my job just seems like a lot to give up. The job is challenging and interesting and I make decent money. If I quit, I think I'd always have a nagging worry that we might end up needing my income after all. All that being said, #2 will be here in 2.5 months, and I suppose I'll have the same feelings about working when he's a baby, as I did with my DD.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #163
awhitmire
Registered Users

Yes, in a heartbeat! I hate my job and its really taking a toll on me...
awhitmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #164
karikos
Registered Users
seller

My current job? In a heartbeat. But that would just be so I could finish school quicker and then go back to work full time/part time in the career field I want.
karikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #165
stringbean02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've stayed home since DH and I married, but now I'm a full time student. I could continue to be a SAHM if I wanted...I LOVED being a full time SAHM but I always knew I wanted to pursue my career in nursing once our LO's were old enough for preschool. It was vitally important to DH and I for me to SAH when our LO's were infants/toddlers but I've always known that once my children were old enough for preschool and very verbal that I would pursue my nursing career. I grew up with a very successful military father (he is still active duty, actually) and a mother who always stayed home - and I knew I wanted that for my children until they started school, but I also knew I wanted to pursue nursing once we were ready. It's something I'm very passionate about not only from a love of doing it, but also from a spiritual aspect. I feel I was put on this earth to be a mother and a nurse.
Child passenger safety questions? Ask me, I'm a CPST!
stringbean02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #166
MichelleKiley
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes! I dream of being a SAHM. I die a little bit inside every time I leave my baby for work. lol.
And I even mostly like my job! I'm a massage therapist and it is definitely "rewarding."

But, alas, we are truly poor for now. The husband is still in school. These next two years can't go fast enough for me! (But I hate thinking like that... I don't want to "miss" my first baby's little years!)

ETA: I am such a whiner, btw. I only work 13 hours a week! :P Yet I'm still getting sappy just looking through this thread...

Last edited by MichelleKiley; 05-17-2013 at 07:21 PM.
MichelleKiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #167
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Im pretty sure I responded waaaaaay back with "Heck no." I will amend my response here: If my salary was never, ever REQUIRED again, I would go to 3 days/week. That would allow me enough work time to do the fun parts, not enough time to deal with the boring parts, and the weekends would be soooooo much more fun. Right now EVERYTHING is crammed into the weekends.
Also i would make sure that one of my days off was DHs day off. He works weekends and we currently have TWO days per MONTH to spend as a family :-(
Old 05-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #168
Carolyn528
Registered Users
seller

I would love to not *HAVE* to work. If I didn't have to I think I would want to take some classes or something but I would much rather stay home most of the time. I miss my family.
B 6/9/11
Due 10/30
Carolyn528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #169
CCRMSS
Registered Users

My Mood:

I only work PT and yes, i would totally stop completely. It would make HSing a lot easier, and allow us to do more social stuff with the kids during the day (school trips, play dates, etc).
Old 05-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #170
Aves Mom
Registered Users

I've done SAHM, full-time and part-time, work out of the home, work from home. My ideal work week would be 15-20 hours working out of the home. Ideally spread over 3-4 days.
Aves Mom is offline   Reply With Quote