Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #241
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Mar 31st - APRIL 6th!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
If it is a thrombosis it could potentially take weeks to heal... ugh!!!
Oh heavens, I hope it doesn't take that long for you to get some relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallMarie View Post
Sigh i feel guilty i just can't keep up with everyone's goings on.

But YES.... I finally got Gray to latch on the side he was refusing. Tried a breast shield and on he went. Finally. Wow feeding is so much simpler when I can skip the pump after.
No worries! We all understand mamas being busy!

That's great he's latching on! I was wondering if you'd tried a breast shield on that one side - weird that it worked, but whatever works is worth it! I can imagine feedings seem a lot easier and less work now!

AFM: Keep getting crampy contractions every now and then today - there'll be nothing for half an hour, then a few contractions over the next half hour, then nothing again. Maybe the weather is causing it? It's been super windy all day, and started snowing an hour or so ago Lovely April weather!
Maybe that's what Hiccup's waiting for - he wants to be a real spring baby, not a supposed-to-be-spring-but-winter-hung-on-too-long baby

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #242
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kendall- Thats great! I'm sure thats a relief for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
AFM: Keep getting crampy contractions every now and then today - there'll be nothing for half an hour, then a few contractions over the next half hour, then nothing again. Maybe the weather is causing it? It's been super windy all day, and started snowing an hour or so ago Lovely April weather!
Maybe that's what Hiccup's waiting for - he wants to be a real spring baby, not a supposed-to-be-spring-but-winter-hung-on-too-long baby
It's been warm here and now suddenly its cold and rainy. I went to the grocery store on my lunch break and had a couple ctx walking around. When I worked in the NICU they definitely said that the pressure changes with the weather brought in more mamas in labor!

So random but, I've been thinking a lot about this water birth I'm planning. I feel silly and I think why is because you can labor in the tub(in the bathroom, they have big whirlpools in each room) but you get in the birthing tub when your going to deliver. With DS I really didn't even push. Like they checked me and I was ready and they told me 'Don't push!' because they weren't ready. So I feel like climbing into a tub for that might just be silly.
So did other mamas have different delivering experiences? Should I not assume that I won't need to push much this time either?
Old 04-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #243
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

wow ladies! chatty chatty! but most of it is happy chats, so yay!
sorry for the painful bottoms, difficulties waking up to nurse, snow! yuck to all of that!

Things are............. normal here. Someone told me to watch an emotional movie and that would get labor started. I actually read that yesterday somewhere too. Interesting concept - I wonder if that's why I had so many contractions around Easter, cause I was so emotional about DD and being a big girl, etc. Anyways, I'm not an overly emotional person, so movies are alluding me. Except 'Precious', which the very thought of makes me choke up, but I do NOT want to watch that again. Will have to see what Netflix recommends.

Not in a hurry still, though, cause I think it would be funny if both babies started coming on their EDD. You know, just cause statistically that would be an anomally.

I understand low patience and being driven nuts by kids. Prolly why I'm not contracting - I'm completely out of patience and just done with 2yo nonsense most of the time. I can spend an hour giving complete attention to her and when I want 5 minutes... just 5.. she can't do something on her own. And DH and other people wonder why I don't nap during her naptime - because I need some time to just BREATHE! I would lose my sanity completely if I didn't get just a teensy weensy little time to breathe. Which is why I'm going to go insane when the new baby comes. cause there will be no breathe time. ah well.

still going back and forth on the placenta encapsulation. Honestly, if they'd just do it in their own home and mail me some pills, I'd have paid my fees already. But the whole legally required to do it in my home or whatever thing drives me insane. I don't want to add that to our packed schedule. So, DH and DD can't come visit me in the hospital because they'll be stuck here at our house waiting for someone to arrive, do some stuff, etc? Chances are fine that it wouldn't be a big deal... but I am just annoyed by the whole deal.

blah blah blah

that's all i've got.. random rants and raves.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #244
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Emily, try Legend of the Fall or Bridge to Teribithia. That second one caught me totally off guard and I cried like a baby. Stand by Me is pretty emotional too, along with School Ties and Sleepers (with Brad Pitt)
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #245
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
He.s been a brat to her for a while niw. She tries to play with him/his toys and wobt stoo when he asks her to so he beats the crap outta her. She also will hit/pinch him. Im just a referee these days. Since dad has been home, there have been more spankings. And he's started cussing. Well, his imaginary friend says bad words.
As far as dd potty training, the poo mess is toi bigba mess for her....its be a pooapalooza.

With me nursing it is hard to immediately get to them and discipline. I feel like ive messed up somewhere and im doomed to have a terrible 5yo. Like its irreversable.

So, sad movies? I dont like sad movies, nicolas sparks.....barf. Maybe one if his will make ya cry.

I was taking a ton of stool softeners.....max dose plus one or two.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #246
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Bridge to Teribithia... that one would definitely surprise me.. I'd expect a feel good on that one... course, I can see how it would do it based on the description.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #247
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Momma View Post
....most folks swear by pizza and sex! They just come right out and say it..." You know what you need to do? Eat pizza and have sex!".

I'm impressed some mommas can shave their legs! I can't reach so it's been at least a month for me.....hmmm, maybe I'll attempt it again today
I have never heard the pizza one! Hmmm, we are having pizza for dinner and guess now you all know the rest of the evening
I shaved last week. It's a bit difficult, but it did feel nice! I usually shave when I go into labor too
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Just hoping it stays tiny and nothing big comes along in the next 24hrs. Ideally I would love to go grocery shopping on Sat and on the way home my parents can just drop me off at the hospital lol.
I hope that works out for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Well, i should go too and soak up some rays. Ive been weepy for a couple days.....even with my placenta pills.

Ben woke early (4ish) and fed for a quick minute, then again this am for another quick minute and stayed awake for about 20 minutes. And hes eating now. His latch was good, but now its lazy so im back to using my shield:/
My dd was soooo much easier.
Sun should help some! I'm sorry for the weepy I get that way even with placenta pills too
I'm glad Ben is eating, but sorry he is a lazy eater!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatefade View Post
Oh goodness... I think Elena and I would be pumped if it would rain! They are calling for more snow today!
Oh my word, more snow?!?! Rain here, but at least it's 60!
Quote:
I want to sell my kids
If they are like mine, you would have to give them away Sorry, I know it's rough, mine haven't been very good at all lately, esp my 4 yo
Quote:
I never even thought of sitting on my boppy. It's just in the closet since I got a different pillow so I totally could! Started taking fiber and increasing my water intake too. If it is a thrombosis it could potentially take weeks to heal... ugh!!!
Ouch! I hope it gets better quickly! That sounds awful, but the boppy sounds like a great idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallMarie View Post
But YES.... I finally got Gray to latch on the side he was refusing. Tried a breast shield and on he went. Finally. Wow feeding is so much simpler when I can skip the pump after.
Yay! So much easier!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Not in a hurry still, though, cause I think it would be funny if both babies started coming on their EDD. You know, just cause statistically that would be an anomally.

still going back and forth on the placenta encapsulation. Honestly, if they'd just do it in their own home and mail me some pills, I'd have paid my fees already. But the whole legally required to do it in my home or whatever thing drives me insane.
That would be funny. My mw said she had a mama who had all four of her kids on her due dates. It could totally happen!
They have to do the encapsulation at your house? That would be inconvenient. I'd have second thoughts about that too.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #248
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

yeah... I guess you need a health department food license to create something for consumption for another person in exchange for money. So, they get around it by preparing the pills at the individual's house. Idaho law, but might be elsewhere, I dunno.

there is one lady who reportedly does it at her house, so I need to check with her. I don't care if it's legal.. I mean, it's red tape that really isn't anyone's business what happens with my placenta, if you ask me

maybe I'm not going into labor because I shave my legs too much! still on every other day here.. but it is getting a bit more difficult.

I did have quite a few contractions BEFORE eating pizza last weekend... I think that did the opposite for me as well. Maybe if DH stops being sick, I can work on the second part of that equation.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #249
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
He.s been a brat to her for a while niw. She tries to play with him/his toys and wobt stoo when he asks her to so he beats the crap outta her. She also will hit/pinch him. Im just a referee these days. Since dad has been home, there have been more spankings. And he's started cussing. Well, his imaginary friend says bad words.
As far as dd potty training, the poo mess is toi bigba mess for her....its be a pooapalooza.

With me nursing it is hard to immediately get to them and discipline. I feel like ive messed up somewhere and im doomed to have a terrible 5yo. Like its irreversable.

So, sad movies? I dont like sad movies, nicolas sparks.....barf. Maybe one if his will make ya cry.

I was taking a ton of stool softeners.....max dose plus one or two.
Mine are 4 and 2 and I feel you're pain. I'm a referee too!! Geez there are times I want to kill them.... I have no patience between pain and sleep deprivation. DH has no patience because he's been dealing with it primarily. We had to stop letting them take baths together because it was like the WWF but in water.... my mom says it's just like my brother and me at that age (we had almost exactly the same age difference) and to some degree its just growing out of it. If I live that long!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #250
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:

Mine are 4 and 2 and I feel you're pain. I'm a referee too!! Geez there are times I want to kill them.... I have no patience between pain and sleep deprivation. DH has no patience because he's been dealing with it primarily. We had to stop letting them take baths together because it was like the WWF but in water.... my mom says it's just like my brother and me at that age (we had almost exactly the same age difference) and to some degree its just growing out of it. If I live that long!
Yes. I cant wait for august when ds starts kindergarden. I was sad about it, but now im looking foward to it! Which makes me sad. What if hes terrible there and im that parent