Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #251
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Is it sad that the person I lost my patience with in my family isn't ds, but my dh? He left for his deployment when Ds was a very well behaved two year old. He returned to a full blown three year old who knows how to talk and reason (somewhat) and push boundaries. DH doesn't know how to handle it and refuses to take my lead. I am about ready to ship him back... no, not really. But still! I hate the transition from geographic single parent back to co-parent.

Advertisement

Old 04-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #252
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Mar 31st - APRIL 6th!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
I don't care if it's legal.. I mean, it's red tape that really isn't anyone's business what happens with my placenta, if you ask me

I did have quite a few contractions BEFORE eating pizza last weekend... I think that did the opposite for me as well. Maybe if DH stops being sick, I can work on the second part of that equation.
For real, I don't see why that's anyone's business but yours!

Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Yes. I cant wait for august when ds starts kindergarden. I was sad about it, but now im looking foward to it! Which makes me sad. What if hes terrible there and im that parent
That is a vicious cycle of mommy guilt, isn't it? He won't be terrible though. Most kids are much better for other people... would it hurt to let their parents see it sometimes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
But still! I hate the transition from geographic single parent back to co-parent.
That would be a hard adjustment! I can't imagine! Hopefully he is more rational than a three year old
Old 04-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #253
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny
Is it sad that the person I lost my patience with in my family isn't ds, but my dh? He left for his deployment when Ds was a very well behaved two year old. He returned to a full blown three year old who knows how to talk and reason (somewhat) and push boundaries. DH doesn't know how to handle it and refuses to take my lead. I am about ready to ship him back... no, not really. But still! I hate the transition from geographic single parent back to co-parent.
I get that completely.

Sometimes I'm just ready to send him back to work for the day. DH comes home and wants a break, but sometimes that means DD is tantrum'ing for his attention and he's withholding it. And when she gets tired of it, she comes to me in the kitchen and then he's all suddenly 'come here' and takes over. But the times when he allows her to flounder, drives me insane.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #254
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
yeah... I guess you need a health department food license to create something for consumption for another person in exchange for money. So, they get around it by preparing the pills at the individual's house. Idaho law, but might be elsewhere, I dunno.

there is one lady who reportedly does it at her house, so I need to check with her. I don't care if it's legal.. I mean, it's red tape that really isn't anyone's business what happens with my placenta, if you ask me
That's really strange. Good luck with the other lady!
How soon after birth does the whole placenta thing need to happen? Would it wait until you were home from the hospital and then DH and DD wouldn't have to be home away from you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
my mom says it's just like my brother and me at that age (we had almost exactly the same age difference) and to some degree its just growing out of it. If I live that long!
DH says the same thing, and his mom does too. I'm an only child, though. This isn't anything I'm used to.

This afternoon I had an anxiety attack just being in the same room with the kids and had to go into the spare room. I ended up staying in there for hours, every time I thought about coming upstairs I started panicking again. It really wasn't fun I can't imagine bringing Hiccup home to this house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
I hate the transition from geographic single parent back to co-parent.
I honestly have no clue what that would be like

AFM: Very fun afternoon/evening of anxiety and panicking and shutting myself in a room alone, worrying about how the heck I can possibly bring Hiccup into this house with the other kids - they are so loud and rude and mean, and very physically violent with each other. I get worried for Hiccup's safety and well-being.

Been having contractions for the past couple hours - though, 1- I'm sure they're because of the stress and anxiety I'm feeling, and 2- I'm sure they'll stop now that I've mentioned them on here (murphy's law of posting, lol).
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #255
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awe, Elena. That sounds rough. I know I was having an impossible time handling anything with my kids for a while. I started taking B complex vitamins, and it has mostly restored my ability to cope. I'm still nervous about bringing baby home though...

Holland Grace is here! (14/4/2013)
delicatefade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #256
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatefade View Post
Awe, Elena. That sounds rough. I know I was having an impossible time handling anything with my kids for a while. I started taking B complex vitamins, and it has mostly restored my ability to cope. I'm still nervous about bringing baby home though...
Huh. Now that you mention it, I finished the bottle of prenatals last week - I have another bottle, of chewable ones, but they're disgusting and I can only stomach them once in a while. I wonder if just not taking those is affecting me too?

I know that part of this is because of the renos, and a HUGE part is due to the weather - I think that's on everyone's part, though. I'm dealing with SAD and battling that depression, and the kids are all stir-crazy from being inside or out bundled up, kwim? They want so badly to have their bikes out. I'm sure that's affecting their behaviour and moods - the weather, not just the lack of bikes, lol.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #257
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, totally. The kids are so restless! It looks like Christmas outside right now... Snow flying around.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:07 AM   #258
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, so much for sleeping tonight. I was convinced I was having contractions, but since I got out of bed, I'm not as sure. I guess I will know by morning what is going on! If you don't hear from me at all Saturday, it means I'm in the hospital with no Internet connection. Hoping for the best!

Old 04-06-2013, 07:04 AM   #259
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
I feel like shutting myself in a room too, but they'd find me!!!

More babies born!!!!!

We had good sleep wake cycles last night. Probably 2.5 hours of sleep before nursing im hoping its a new night time pattern!!
Old 04-06-2013, 07:06 AM   #260
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Oh, totally. The kids are so restless! It looks like Christmas outside right now... Snow flying around.
Yup, it did here for a while too. Which would have been fine... in December! April - notsomuch

Quote:
Well, so much for sleeping tonight. I was convinced I was having contractions, but since I got out of bed, I'm not as sure. I guess I will know by morning what is going on! If you don't hear from me at all Saturday, it means I'm in the hospital with no Internet connection. Hoping for the best!
and we don't hear anything from you today!!!

AFM: Contractions lasted for a good 3+ hours last night. I don't know how far apart they were, never bothered looking at the clock to time them. But I went to bed just after 10pm and they must have stopped cuz I was able to sleep.

Gotta go for groceries today. I think I'm going to take along a book and sit at starbucks for a while. I so wish we had a chapters book store here.

DH was going to call his dad to come help work on the flooring today, but then we looked at the walls - one wall, unfortunately the one you walk in to see first and it won't be able to have anything on it because anything would get in the way of the door, looks like crap. And the whole room needs at least another coat of paint on the walls. SO, no flooring now. But, hey, at least after all my cleaning DH took the sander out and got dust everywhere again. So, that's comforting at this point.