Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #21
Miller2Mama
Registered Users

I don't know much about the schools yet.. Our LO is only 2, but my hubs works at the NV test site up near Creech and we live in the NW. I have lived all over Vegas/Henderson (with the exception of N. LV because certain parts of it aren't the best) and I love the NW! It's newer and somewhat closer to where he'll need to go. Not sure how his job works, but there is a park and ride bus station (govt) that takes employees to those areas for work (not the same as metro). Hope all works out and you find a place you love regardless!

Advertisement

Miller2Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #22
sublime.mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Relocating to North Las Vegas... Advice?!

I've never lived anywhere north, just SSW and Henderson. Just saying HI. Another Vegas mama here
Old 08-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #23
mrs_blazen
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just wanted to update!

We have arrived and gotten somewhat settled. We are currently staying in an apartment right off Horse/95. We are waiting on a new construction home in the Providence area (89166).

Surprisingly, we LOVE it here! I was so nervous about the move, but have found so much for the kids. We love all the parks and going hiking at Mt. Charleston. This is probably my favorite duty "location" we've been!

DH has to leave for training next month right before we're supposed to close on the house and move (again), but it should be fine. My parents are planning on coming out for a month to help.

Thanks for the advice everyone!!
mrs_blazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #24
sublime.mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, welcome to the city

It would be nice to get together with some local mamas. Maybe we can arrange a fluffy butt party playdate sometime... Or maybe a clothing exchange...? But not until after I get my car, k?
Old 09-09-2013, 01:02 AM   #25
mrs_blazen
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sorry, just saw this!

I have no more fluffy butts in my house, but I'd love to do a play date! All of DH's work buddies are all kidless. DS is dying to find buddies!
Old 09-14-2013, 12:37 AM   #26
MinkaK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Glad you are enjoying it here! Have you checked out out the Co-op? I have not used it but ladies in my exercise group loooove it. If you exercise consider joining the YMCA. I go to the Skyview one, so many fantastic people there. My oldest is in Karate and my two older do swim in the winter. Awesome prices for military and I found it so perfect when DH deployed to have them in care with people that I know so I could get an hour of me time.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:21 AM   #27
mrs_blazen
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks!!

Since DH is stationed at Creech we get a free membership to the y. I love it! We go to the centennial hills location daily (sometimes twice a day). DH is gone for training right now so it definitely keeps me sane! lol. We decided to hold off on preschool this year since DS is still having issues with pt'ing, but will probably do it for both kids next year at the y.

Last edited by mrs_blazen; 09-21-2013 at 01:23 AM.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:02 AM   #28
MinkaK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs_blazen View Post
Thanks!!

Since DH is stationed at Creech we get a free membership to the y. I love it! We go to the centennial hills location daily (sometimes twice a day). DH is gone for training right now so it definitely keeps me sane! lol. We decided to hold off on preschool this year since DS is still having issues with pt'ing, but will probably do it for both kids next year at the y.
Now I am wondering if we take any of the same classes. I take Ly's zumba on Sat as well as her classes during the week if I have time. I am also there once in a while with Callie. My kids love the Kids Gym there, they beg to go.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:02 AM   #29
mrs_blazen
Registered Users
seller
seller

Again, I didn't notice a new post in here! Sorry!!

I take Ly's classes too! She's the only one I can halfway keep up with. Lol. I haven't been in about 2 weeks though. We had the flu come through our house and now I have family visiting. I'm definitely going to find time to go Tuesday in between packing up the apartment and moving into our house