Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
Registered Users
Any Ft Campbell mamas??

We will be PCSing to ft Campbell the end of this year. What's the area like? Any cd stores? Groups? Good pediatricians? Also how's post housing and where are the "good" areas/neighborhoods to live in if we choose to rent? I'm not really wanting housing but don't want to move into a bad neighborhood

Me.N.Lizzie2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Any Ft Campbell mamas??

There is a Cd store on post - just opened and 2 off called Butzie covers. I am working on my first so I don't know much about pediatricians. I really like Ft. Campbell but it is our first station. Peachers mill area is nice and not too far from everything. Sango is a really nice area but it is much farther and rent is higher. I don't know anything about housing on post either. I would stay away from downtown Clarksville- it just seems to take awhile to get anywhere from there because of all the lights.
kdrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Any Ft Campbell mamas??

I'm a Ft.Campbell mama, I've lived in the immediate area my whole life. It is very easy to get into a bad neighborhood in Clarksville, stay away from Sango, and over near the downtown/college area. The closer to post the better off you are. I'm not trying to scare you but I know I want to be safe with my kids so I am sure you do too. Ft. Campbellis really nice and the area is great too. Lots to do!
AllieSpano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:
DH and I met at Ft Campbell on post housing is nice, they were renovating it all 8-10 years ago, much nicer than the 60 year old housing I live in at Bragg

Clarksville is a nice area, it was voted best cities to live in a few years ago. If its schools your are interested in, Campbell has DODEA schools from pre-k to high school, which is rare for army posts.

Good luck to ya, and check out DiaperSwapper's military page too!
April; loving wife & momma to DD (7) & DS (5) and hoping for a few more babes to love...
AppleMama81 is offline   Reply With Quote