Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
AngelElle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Which abdominal binder did you get?

I'm thinking of getting an abdominal binder for after my c/s. what kind did you all get? Did you like it? I'm looking at bellefit or belly bandit. I'm afraid the belly bandit will hit right at waist height, right where my incision is.

Advertisement

AngelElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
Mama2LilBug
Registered Users

Re: Which abdominal binder did you get?

I have 2 BellyBandits and LOVE LOVE LOVE them! I'm short waisted, so I didn't have any problem with the bottom of the band cutting into my incision area. I also purposely positioned it lower just to really hold in my lower pooch area (I wouldn't have been able to move without the BellyBandit!) I used them for about 2-3 months postpartum and I was in preprego jeans at around 6 weeks. Best investment we made pre-baby!
Lindsey, wife to Pilot J & mama to K (11/12/10), expecting #2 (11/14/13)!
Mama2LilBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
txmommytobe
Registered Users

My Mood:
Following this one, been trying to decide what to order
Old 04-12-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
ottomamma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2LilBug View Post
I have 2 BellyBandits and LOVE LOVE LOVE them! I'm short waisted, so I didn't have any problem with the bottom of the band cutting into my incision area. I also purposely positioned it lower just to really hold in my lower pooch area (I wouldn't have been able to move without the BellyBandit!) I used them for about 2-3 months postpartum and I was in preprego jeans at around 6 weeks. Best investment we made pre-baby!
Did you get the regular belly bandits or the fancier ones? And did you get a bigger size and a smaller size? I get so huge during pregnancy, I'm thinking I would need 2 different sizes as I go down. I'm likely needing a csec this time around so I really want a good wrap. But I want it to last long enough. Are the inches listed for waist or hips? Thanks!
ottomamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #5
ChocoChoco
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomamma

Did you get the regular belly bandits or the fancier ones? And did you get a bigger size and a smaller size? I get so huge during pregnancy, I'm thinking I would need 2 different sizes as I go down. I'm likely needing a csec this time around so I really want a good wrap. But I want it to last long enough. Are the inches listed for waist or hips? Thanks!
I think inches are listed for waist. I am short waisted and did the same thing by wearing the belly bandit low to go over the incision instead of ending at it. The hospital also had a binder that I used initially. Then I used the size S BB for about 2 weeks then switched to XS until that was maxed out. I bought the bamboo ones...pricey but at least I am set to get a second use out of them shortly. It provided good support for me and removed that flabby belly feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
ChocoChoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
ottomamma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoChoco View Post
I think inches are listed for waist. I am short waisted and did the same thing by wearing the belly bandit low to go over the incision instead of ending at it. The hospital also had a binder that I used initially. Then I used the size S BB for about 2 weeks then switched to XS until that was maxed out. I bought the bamboo ones...pricey but at least I am set to get a second use out of them shortly. It provided good support for me and removed that flabby belly feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Thanks! I will probably get them too. Sounds like it's worth the $$.
ottomamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #7
RedWindmill
Registered Users

They gave me one at the hospital, that's all I used.
RedWindmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #8
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

I didn't have a c section but I had the bellefit. I loved it!
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote