Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-11-2013, 07:29 AM   #1
Ashlynnray
Registered Users
seller

Day weaning-no pumping

My son is 14 months. I have been at home with him since day one and he has been EBF since then, started solids at 6 months. He is currently nursing upon waking, at about 10:30, 2:30 while going down for a nap, 5 when waking from nap, 8:30 while going to bed, and 1-2 times at night. I plan to continue nursing while we are together. What is the best course of action to take to get him to drop those day feeds to get him ready for day care? I start on may 16th and will be transitioning him to daycare the week before. Thanks for any help!

Advertisement

Ashlynnray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
leesahk14
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Day weaning-no pumping

I'm also looking for advice. My daughter is one and she has not once taken a bottle but this summer I was hoping to sign up for soccer once a week and I need my DH to be able to feed her.
leesahk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:37 AM   #3
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
seller

Same situation here! We dropped the nursing from mornings so now after wake up we only nurse at lunch time, but from there the rest of the day is still pretty much every 2-3 hours. I guess I need to start cutting out an afternoon nursing session as well?
Dancy Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
Ashlynnray
Registered Users
seller

Things have been going okay actually. He started school so is gone during the day. He does fine as long as I'm not around. He will eat well for anyone but me! He nurses as much as he wants when we are home.
Ashlynnray is offline   Reply With Quote