Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #1
1healthylady
Registered Users

Dropping off a poopy baby at daycare

This has happened twice in the last 2 weeks now. If your LO poops on the way to daycare, do you change him/her when you get there or do you let the teacher do the honors?

Advertisement

Old 04-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Depends on how rushed I am. I will if I have time to be nice. If I don't I tell them they pooped and I'm in a hurry and I apologize
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
gehagge
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Dropping off a poopy baby at daycare

If I had time and realized it, I'd change it. If I didn't have time I'd apologize, and if I somehow missed the fact that DD pooped, I guess my sitter would have to think me rude.
gehagge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
pinktoes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I let them do it. I apologize, say LO pooped on the way and let them do it.
pinktoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #5
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm the provider, and if the child is clearly in a fresh diaper, we don't mind at all. We would never ask the parent to do it unless we were busy. (if you walk in while i'm making a meal)

But, we get super annoyed when it's last night's diaper and hadn't been changed at all. Then we question if it was really "on the way" or before you left.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #6
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Do whatever your provider prefers. They may have supplies and a changing table accessible to the parents and prefer the parent leave the child in a clean diaper. Other providers (like me) would rather a parent allow me to do it. Its no big deal for me at all
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #7
Mamma527
Registered Users
seller
seller

I usually change it. I like to leave her as happy as possible since I know how busy the morning can be and I don't want her to have to sit in a dirty diaper and they may forget.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #8
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

My dd loves to poop on the way to the sitter. I figure if it happens on my watch, it's mine to change. I always change her when I drop her off before I leave the sitters. Only seems fair to me.
yogamama28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #9
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage
I'm the provider, and if the child is clearly in a fresh diaper, we don't mind at all. We would never ask the parent to do it unless we were busy. (if you walk in while i'm making a meal)

But, we get super annoyed when it's last night's diaper and hadn't been changed at all. Then we question if it was really "on the way" or before you left.
This. If it is really a fresh diaper and i am in a big rush i will just apologize and let them handle it. But i wont leave him in a dirty diaper just because I know someone else will fix it. I once came to babysit some kids at 7am, and one of the babies was still in his crib. The mom said, "oh thank god you are here. He pooped last night and I just don't even want to look!" It was a sposie disaster. Poop on his crib sheets, up his back, in his hair. It stank like a barn because it had been hours since it happened. I had to bathe him twice to get it all off. That was really uncool on many levels.

Last edited by Palooka; 05-02-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #10
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage View Post

I can't believe people do that! I don't care how late I am I change my baby.

Ds2 poops regularly in the morning. Sometimes its on the way to school. About half the time its before. He's all messed up now from his antibiotics nightmare. If I have time I do it. If I'm running late I don't. When I pick him up they sometimes ask if I want them to change him. I always decline and do it myself.

One morning I did change him and one of the parents was talking to me like I was a teacher. It was kind of funny.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote