Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-13-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
leanntoland
Registered Users

Supply question

My son is 14 months old and I just found out I'm pregnant again. he has been going 5-6 hours during the day and night between nursing but now it's every two hours. I'm wondering if my supply could be going away with the new pregnancy? Anyone deal with this before?

Advertisement

leanntoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
Reese62299
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Supply question

I've gotten pregnant three times while nursing and each time my supply slowly dwindled and I was only able to nurse for a couple more months after getting pregnant, but I hear of many women that keep going strong. The first time my baby was 5 months old and I had to wean at 7 months and then this last time 11.5 months old when I got pregnant and weaned at 14 months.
Reese62299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:08 AM   #3
leanntoland
Registered Users

Oh wow, thanks! I'm ready to wean, at least mostly I guess. Thanks for sharing your experience with me. I will just try to enjoy this last few times nursing him.
leanntoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:51 AM   #4
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I got pregnant while nursing and my milk wanted to dry up almost instantly. My baby was only 6 months old so I went on reglan till he was 11 months. When I was 6 months along nothing would keep my supply up, so we weaned.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #5
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Congrats!

I've gotten pregnant twice while nursing. Both times there was a decrease in supply for the first few weeks, but we nursed through it and it seemed to increase to normal again around 8ish weeks. The first time, my milk changed at about 25 weeks and my son weaned himself within a couple days; the second time it started to change around 20 weeks and DD lost interest in nursing pretty quickly after that, too.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #6
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Yes . Same thing at same time with my 14 month at the time. My milk dried up cold turkey change milk supply as I was stuck on couch as she wanted to eat but like 5 seconds at a time. Hugs as we were going strong still....