Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
Madame Medina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Green Smoothies

I just signed up for a 9 week CSA share of assorated greens. Now I need your best green smoothie recipies specifically kid friendly ones.

Advertisement

The New Spring Catalog is HERE! For every $31 you spend in March get your choice of seven totes at 50% OFF! Thirty-One Gifts All DS mama's who host a catalog party with me earn DOUBLE in Free Hostess Credit. Looking to earn some extra money? Join my team in March and get your kit for FREE. Ask me how.
Madame Medina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
christiemurley
Registered Users
seller
seller

Subbing! I want some yummy recipes too
Old 04-10-2013, 06:56 AM   #3
sunnymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Green Smoothies

Ok, this is the best. We had never eaten spinach before (we are terrible at vegetables, especially anything green) but we had a sample of this at Costco from a guy selling the blender At first my kids wouldn't even try it because it was light green. But, I did and it was so good! So now we make it at home and they all love it.

about 2 cups of spinach, 1 banana, a glob of pb, a glob of honey, splash of vanilla or almond extract, 1-2 cups milk/yogurt/kefir/almond milk, and a bunch of ice cubes

you can't taste the spinach at all

one time we tried it with leftover salad greens and that did not go over, but this is the only way any of us eat spinach
sunnymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
christiemurley
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymommy
Ok, this is the best. We had never eaten spinach before (we are terrible at vegetables, especially anything green) but we had a sample of this at Costco from a guy selling the blender At first my kids wouldn't even try it because it was light green. But, I did and it was so good! So now we make it at home and they all love it.

about 2 cups of spinach, 1 banana, a glob of pb, a glob of honey, splash of vanilla or almond extract, 1-2 cups milk/yogurt/kefir/almond milk, and a bunch of ice cubes

you can't taste the spinach at all

one time we tried it with leftover salad greens and that did not go over, but this is the only way any of us eat spinach
Sounds delish!
Old 04-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #5
kdrave
Registered Users
seller

Pretty much anything goes. Any Mellon really tastes good in green smoothies. We have done a little protein powder, Mellon, kale, frozen banana.

Usually we just throw things in and see how it tastes
kdrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #6
mamacita1222
Registered Users

Spinach, strawberries and apple juice. That's it. It is awesome!
mamacita1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #7
Elia
Registered Users
seller

You know, I have found that if you put in a veggie, add a fruit and smooth it up and it will be good. So a one to one ratio of veggie to fruit.

Our common one:

Spinach, Kale, Cauliflower/broccoli, apple, strawberries, blueberries, mango with some water or coconut water. Yum.

Williams Sonoma has a great fruit and smoothie book that you might want to take a look at for ideas. We also will throw melons and pears in with cabbage as well.
Elia is offline   Reply With Quote