Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
If hormonal bc makes you loose your drive...

Are there any other options? I was thinking about a tubal but you all (& more info) talked me out of it. I was on Ortho tri cyclen lo for about 7 yrs. it helped clear up my skin. & worked great- until about the 6th year I realized it was killing my drive & making me crazy around that time of the month. Then & there I said never again to use hormonal BC & we where going to get the lady comp but DH is out of his job in a month so we just cannot afford that now. :/ I need to schedule my exam & need some ideas! The IUD seems ideal (copper?) but the junk I read is scaring me away. We cannot get pregnant now- and although I really want a girl we are both feeling like its best for our family to be done unless God has other plans..

Advertisement

E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
sillymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I don't use hormonal birth control. Tried it for 6 or 8 months after I was married and I HATED it! After that we opted for barrier methods. I was fitted for a diaphragm, which we use to use more frequently, but more recently (after the births of 2 and 3), I started charting my cycle and we used condoms on my more fertile days of the month. That only works if you have fairly regular cycles, but it worked for us without a problem.
sillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillymama
I don't use hormonal birth control. Tried it for 6 or 8 months after I was married and I HATED it! After that we opted for barrier methods. I was fitted for a diaphragm, which we use to use more frequently, but more recently (after the births of 2 and 3), I started charting my cycle and we used condoms on my more fertile days of the month. That only works if you have fairly regular cycles, but it worked for us without a problem.
TMI but Condoms are a joke for us. I'm allergic to latex, and since my 2nd was born they tend to come off. we'll use one for a bit and then have to replace it. (Admittedly I need a lot of lube as I supposedly have vestibular vaginitis & get sore quickly.) it's amazing how excited I am for my period each month since our method isn't wholly reliable!
E-2.1.14
Old 04-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrseum

TMI but Condoms are a joke for us. I'm allergic to latex, and since my 2nd was born they tend to come off. we'll use one for a bit and then have to replace it. (Admittedly I need a lot of lube as I supposedly have vestibular vaginitis & get sore quickly.) it's amazing how excited I am for my period each month since our method isn't wholly reliable!
Eta I do usually know when I O- but I I remember you need to avoid before then. I should read TCOYF, it's silly but it scares me to have to rely on myself. I'd rather use a lady comp. hah!
E-2.1.14