Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Surge in hormones at 21 weeks?

I have been very frustrated and easily brought to tears the past couple days. I'm not sure if it is just the stress of work or maybe hormones? Anyone else experience something like this? I actually cried watching 30 Rock- makes no sense at all!

Advertisement

Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Surge in hormones at 21 weeks?

You may be on to something. I am almost 24 weeks and for the last month, I seem to have a big emotional meltdown of sorts once a week. I thought it was just because of feeling unsettled-DH is wanting to move to a bigger house, we're renovating the one we have to make it competitive when we put it on the market, we haven't found a built house we're happy with, and even though we've found a lot, none of the houseplans we've poured through are quite right either. I HATE feeling unsettled, even when not pg!

But yes, I am more easily set off right now and I hate it.

ETA: And I have always been very sensitive to emotional soundtracks. If there's voices singing "aaaahhh" during a happy or sad moment, I'm a mess of tears. I cry at the climax of every Disney movie! (that's when not pg! now I weep)

Last edited by mcpforever; 03-16-2013 at 08:02 AM.
mcpforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
birdseye
Registered Users
Formerly: clothbyl**
seller

DDC from June

You know, a couple of weeks ago, my skin was horrible. (My emotions are relatively in check) EVERY seam of my clothes left a red, irritated mark on my skin. I was so raw.
birdseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #4
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4leon
I have been very frustrated and easily brought to tears the past couple days. I'm not sure if it is just the stress of work or maybe hormones? Anyone else experience something like this? I actually cried watching 30 Rock- makes no sense at all!
Ummm....did you totally read my mind?!? We are the same GA & you just described me. I have had multiple sobbing episodes over absolutely nothing & EVERYTHING irritates me. And look out if something really bad/sad does happen...it's at least an hour before the tears stop. I feel so pathetic. I purposely skipped watching The Biggest Loser last week because I was already sick of crying that day.

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #5
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was just about to post something similar when I came across your post. I've been very easily frustrated and crying about nothing or everything...my kids and DH are grating on my last nerve...I've actually talked to my OB about it b/c I have a history of depression, especially PPD and I feel like that's where I am or either I'm headed that way. He suggested setting aside time once a week or so to talk in person with another mama who's more like a mentor (been there done that) and I'm starting a script for my migraines (probably related) it's an anti-depressant too...basically I just want to escape.

For example, I spent and house painting the vanity in the kids bathroom today and the 2 boys (7 and 3) came behind me moments later and made scratch marks all through the paint job - basically this was a way for me to sort of cope (the painting) and I flipped out when I saw it and they went to bed early...it's things like that - making my life rough now...sorry you are in the same (or similar?) boat mamas!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:57 PM   #6
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wow... i just hit 23 weeks and I have been tearful and crying all week!! Glad to know it's not a just me thing.
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote