Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #11
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Re: Food/Sleep/Soothing for 11 month old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylove921 View Post
He's in sposy right now. I still have to change him constantly. I'm gonna try one nap a day and see what happens, but he falls asleep in the carseat frequently still.
Oh dear, have you tried other brands or sizing up? I really think if you didn't have to change him at night it'd be easier to get him to fall back asleep. I know lots of people recommend the "No Cry Sleep Solution" book.

Advertisement

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #12
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:

Yep. He's already in 6's. But he is 26lbs, and 32inches. I've tried every brand. Even Kawaii's Heavy Overnights. Doesn't work. But when you drink 20something oz in 8 hours, you pee alot.
I gonna get that book.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #13
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

I know that it's not a happy solution but I honestly think that for many kids the only thing that works is some kind of sleep training. Whatever you decide on. 11 months is actually a great time to do it too. Waiting until they are older will be much harder.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:23 PM   #14
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Honestly he probably still needs that nutrition at night. Breast milk digests fast and still should consist of most of his diet. He is probably taking more at night for what he is lacking in the day. I would not make him go without at his age.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #15
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Our DS is only 8 months old, but I know when he "power ate" in the evenings, he slept a LOT better. He would eat just a couple of bottles at daycare, then pound down up to 24 ounces in a 4 hour period. Then sleep all night.

He stopped doing that about the same time he began waking frequently at night again. I guess he just got a greater understanding of fullness and didn't want to stuff himself so much.

I don't know. I'm reading the no cry sleep solution and haven't found anything in there we don't do, but then I'm so used to waking up at night. I've been living in a haze for years and have gotten quite used to being tired all the time.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:33 AM   #16
babylove921
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma View Post
Honestly he probably still needs that nutrition at night. Breast milk digests fast and still should consist of most of his diet. He is probably taking more at night for what he is lacking in the day. I would not make him go without at his age.
It definitely did consist of most of his diet till about a month ago. But he only gets about 50% BM at night, the rest is formula, and I am almost out of BM so I've been using less and less of it. Usually its 1 bottle of formula, 1 of BM. back and forth like that. Even just in formula he gets over 20 oz a day.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:34 AM   #17
babylove921
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty View Post
Our DS is only 8 months old, but I know when he "power ate" in the evenings, he slept a LOT better. He would eat just a couple of bottles at daycare, then pound down up to 24 ounces in a 4 hour period. Then sleep all night.

He stopped doing that about the same time he began waking frequently at night again. I guess he just got a greater understanding of fullness and didn't want to stuff himself so much.

I don't know. I'm reading the no cry sleep solution and haven't found anything in there we don't do, but then I'm so used to waking up at night. I've been living in a haze for years and have gotten quite used to being tired all the time.
He used to do that. We called it "tanking up". He'd eat and then 2 hours later eat again, and normally sleep good, but not lately. He is teething hard caore, but this has been going on his whole life.