Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Name talk already!

I know this is horrible because I haven't even heard a heartbeat yet but I'm terrified that I'm going to have some major gender disappointment. I REALLY want a girl. I have 3 boys and I love them more than anything but I want to experience parenting a daughter. SO, in anticipation of having ANOTHER boy, I want to be excited for him! I won't really need to shop much for him since I have a son that was born in January and we have all the baby gear for the most part. DH and I can't think of another boy name that we like and agree on. First, the boys we have now are:
Evan Fletcher P___, Ryan Henry P____, Colton Oliver P____ (called Colt)

We want his name to flow with the big boys and love names that end in N but are huge on nicknames.
Here is DH's list:
Jordan, Lawson (meaning: son of law and dh is a cop ), Landon, Cadogan (call him Caddy...again ) Deacon, Declan, Samson (call him Sam), Reuben, Weston

My list: Austin, Grayson, Benton (But we'd call him Ben and DH has a brother named Ben so that might be weird)...I'm having trouble with this! I do like Landon, Deacon, and Weston, I also love the name Alex but it doesn't have a long version that ends in N, we are still debating if we need to stick with that.
Oh and one more rule, I don't like names that can be boy or girl (Yes, I know Alex is one but I still love it so go ahead and suggest away, this is just why I don't like Jordan)

HELP please?!?!

Advertisement

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
Sparklebug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Name talk already!

I like Landon a lot, and I think Benton is super cute. As for DH's brother also being Ben, I don't think it would be weird but I'm from a family with a lot of double names, so my perspective is probably a bit skewed Your boys have such great names! So do you have a girl list?

We pretty much have a boys' middle name figured out...I think (Matthew, we both have a brother named Matthew and we're big on family names). I like Luna and Lucy for girl names, but our last name starts with an L and I'm afraid she'd sound like a cartoon character!

Sparklebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #3
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks! Now dh is talking about Cannon. We talked about Donovan too. So many choices, it is hard to find the right one! I do have girl names...I just figure I won't get to use them. My top two girl names are Mallory Wynne and Addilyn (no middle name yet). I love the name Matthew, it is classic and suits every age!

Old 04-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklebug View Post
I like Landon a lot, and I think Benton is super cute. As for DH's brother also being Ben, I don't think it would be weird but I'm from a family with a lot of double names, so my perspective is probably a bit skewed Your boys have such great names! So do you have a girl list?

We pretty much have a boys' middle name figured out...I think (Matthew, we both have a brother named Matthew and we're big on family names). I like Luna and Lucy for girl names, but our last name starts with an L and I'm afraid she'd sound like a cartoon character!
I love Luna too! I sell Scentsy and love the scent Luna, so much that I use the body spray and shower gel and lotion too.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #5
Kyonarai
Registered Users
seller

Our boys name is Kain Ivan. I also love the name Lucian. (I pronounce it Lou shi-en)
Kyonarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #6
MSmith88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I like Benton!
MSmith88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #7
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We're talking abou names too. Our girl name has been picked out sinve Oct' 10 shortly after finding out I was pregnant with #1. *Savannah Rose* Boy names we haven't decided on. I like Nicolas. I had a cousin named Nicolas who died at age 8 and I like the family names a lot. DS's name is John. My DH and his dad, my grandpa and 2 uncles are names John. Chistmas gets confusing, lol
NewMommy6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #8
TonyKariTony
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are also thinking of names, we are having a hard time figuring out names that sound good in spanish and english.
DH was sure we were having a girl the first time around and he liked the name Irene, I think its cute but I want more options, and I still have to think of a few boy names, just in case

TonyKariTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #9
JellEBeanDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What about Brenton and calling him Brent ?

Afm we love Delilah Katharine - call her Isla so maybe delisla for a girl and no idea about a boy lol
We have a Jayden David
Brett Garry
Emeryana Elizabeth
JellEBeanDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #10
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellEBeanDesigns View Post
What about Brenton and calling him Brent ?

Afm we love Delilah Katharine - call her Isla so maybe delisla for a girl and no idea about a boy lol
We have a Jayden David
Brett Garry
Emeryana Elizabeth
I like that! I never thought to add to it!