Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #51
Registered Users
We just had #6 and are quite the freak show around here. Rather than "congrats" we get "are you done now?".

Vintagebikegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #52
Registered Users
My Mood:
Originally Posted by epanouie View Post

Yeah...I am amazed at how people feel like they can talk so openly about such personal family decisions and give their advice to you in line at the supermarket! Sometimes on days when I am frustrated with people, I just want to wear a shirt that says, "YES, they're all mine! YES, I know how that happens! YES, all on purpose! NO, I am not asking your advice! No, I don't care what you think! No, we don't live on government assistance and no I surely will never ask you to raise them!!!"
When I become pg with #4, I plan on making a shirt that says 'yes, I know how it happens. No, we aren't Catholic. Yes, we own a TV. No, we don't hope for a boy.'

Maybe its just that we have three girls, but no matter where I go people ask me if we are going to try for a fourth to get a boy. I haven't had too many comments about us being too large yet. We probably won't find out the gender of the fourth. I'm sure I'll get tired of the 'hope it's a boy' questions. I love the response about being allergic to male fetuses. I'll have to think of some others!
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #53
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
My Mood:
Originally Posted by Macyllehub View Post

In Idaho, we call then the MAV's... Mormon assault vehicles
Lol. I live in Idaho but had never heard that.
I think we also have a higher than average "norm"because we have a large immigrant (Mexican) population, who also often have larger families.
Krista , wife to Bobby, mom to Rosie (5), and Ellie (3) and Olivia (1)
The Fancy Pansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #54
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: What is considered a larger family!?

Originally Posted by ummsmiley View Post
Yeah.....welcolme to the people are gonna make stupid comments at you all the time club!.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forumq
Ha! I could've echoed every word of your post but this opening line cracked me up. So, so true. People think they are so clever parroting the same responses every checker, clerk, hostess, stranger gives us.

Interestingly, when we lived in two different countries overseas, the comments we got were almost always, "wow! Looking at your family reminds me of my family growing up. Too many people now are having only one or two kids. You have a beautiful family." It definitely echoes what you said about modern American priorities.
Jess, Happy wife & mom to 6 fun kids (ds11, ds9, dd7, ds5, ds3, and precious lil' ds born @ home 2/20/13)

I aim to encourage Christian women at Making Home.
MakingHome is offline   Reply With Quote