Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
moobiegirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
3 hour glucose test

Anybody take the 3 hour before?

Today was my first time needing to take it. I've always passed the 1 hour. Anyways i'm a little worried i failed it because I didn't get any sugar crash or feel sick from it at all. It's been almost 10 hours since my test ended and I'm still a little antsy. I'm not sure if my blood sugar is still high or not. Has this happened to anyone else? I really hope I passed.

Advertisement

Old 04-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 3 hour glucose test

Yes. I missed the SCREENING one hour test with DS1 and this one (#4). The 3 hour test wasn't terrible and my sugars were fine for both of those, even though I had to drink twice as much sugar (more concentrated-not more liquid). IIRC, only about 1/3 of those who need to take the 3 hour challenge end up with a GD diagnosis. Even then, most of those can just eat a nice diet that makes you feel better anyway.

My OB told me to make sure I don't quit eating carbs and sugar between my 1 and 3 hour tests so my body would be able to respond correctly.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:27 AM   #3
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I took the three hour and passed just fine, I think I only failed the first because I had cereal for breakfast
Old 04-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #4
saraley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

took the 3 hout b/c sugar were already showing up in urine, so pretty much knew it would be positive, Felt dizzy and had head ache by the time I got out of the hospital b/c it had forever since ate anything
saraley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #5
kunoyu
Registered Users

I had it yesterday. Boy, I feel so dizzy, sweating all overs and dazziness to the point of almost fainting. Good thing hubbies was coming with me though, so a good lunch fixed that.
kunoyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #6
Bot Girl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to let everyone know that you don't have to drink the chemical glucose cocktail for you screening. You can eat a healthy breakfast, then be tested. I had an egg, a piece of toast, a small apple, and a glass of milk before being tested INSTEAD of drinking the chemical glucose.
Bot Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #7
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
Formerly: lovinmomma24
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bot Girl View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that you don't have to drink the chemical glucose cocktail for you screening. You can eat a healthy breakfast, then be tested. I had an egg, a piece of toast, a small apple, and a glass of milk before being tested INSTEAD of drinking the chemical glucose.
That's what I do, too. I ate yogurt and berries. They wanted me to eat what I normally eat. I got blood drawn before eating and then 2 hours after. This replaced the 1-hr. Test. I think it came back around 90 after eating.
The nurse did say (1/2 jokingly) that I was just trying to cause trouble. Evidently, no one but me questions the nasty drink