Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #31
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Approaching daycare about using cloth

Hip hip hooray!

Advertisement

Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #32
mgshinham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am in the same situation, however, I use a state licensed home daycare and in the information folder it states "cloth training pants are not allowed. This is a rule from the state of Florida in daycares and it is one that I tend to agree with." When I looked up the actual documentation on the Florida Dept of Children and Family's website it only said that diapers are to be disposed of in a plastic container that is out of the reach of children. If my wetbag is lined with PUL, which is a type of plastic, then cloth diapering should be complying with the FL law, correct? I just don't want to offend her since we have a good relationship. I currently am having to buy sposies for her use in the home day care and it is an expense that I find very annoying since we invested so much in cloth.
mgshinham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:49 AM   #33
1healthylady
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgshinham View Post
I am in the same situation, however, I use a state licensed home daycare and in the information folder it states "cloth training pants are not allowed. This is a rule from the state of Florida in daycares and it is one that I tend to agree with." When I looked up the actual documentation on the Florida Dept of Children and Family's website it only said that diapers are to be disposed of in a plastic container that is out of the reach of children. If my wetbag is lined with PUL, which is a type of plastic, then cloth diapering should be complying with the FL law, correct? I just don't want to offend her since we have a good relationship. I currently am having to buy sposies for her use in the home day care and it is an expense that I find very annoying since we invested so much in cloth.
They can use cloth in Florida. I was the first one in DD's class to CD, but now there are 3 babies in cloth. Each has their own wetbag, which now hang in an inaccessible place (adding more wetbags has required them to change where they hang them, but they have never mentioned anything to us about the change). I bring the wetbag home each night with the dirties, plop the poop, and take clean diapers in the morning. My DCP is awesome and we use prefolds trifolded in covers. They've never had an issue with them, I just send them pre-loaded. I tried using cloth wipes for a while, but it was more hassle for me so we use sposie wipes.

Check this link http://nrckids.org/STATES/FL/florida.htm, the first one listed is for in-home daycares, pages 12 and 13. It doesn't say anything about cloth not being allowed. I also found this site: http://www.nrckids.org/CFOC3/HTMLVer...r03.html#3.2.1 Chapter 3.2.1.1 has info about cloth diapers. This one does say that they should only be used if the child can't use disposables. Maybe have your daycare provider contact other local DCPs that accept cloth so she can learn how they handle it?