Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

DH and I have decided to follow the billings method while I am still night nursing, but I choose to start temping just to get in the hang of it, and get into a routine. Well, DH and I had unprotected sex on CD 8 a clearly non fertile day according to the billings method. No mucous for several days prior and that day.

My previous two cycles I had very noticeable egg white mucous and then a period fairly quickly.resulting in a 35 and a 33 day cycle, so I didn't plan on using my opk strips until later in my cycle. Anyways, according to my temp chart, I had a clear temp shift on days 10, 11. and 12 (also day 9, but I only got 3 hours of sleep so I excluded the reading) and my app is saying I ovulated, day 9, (8 if i don't exclude the reading) but again, I had no CM. anyways, now I am freaking out. I know classes have been recommended, but they really aren't in the budget right now. A Christian community for family planning was also recommended but I'm not religious, so I feel odd going for help there, hence the reason I'm back here asking you ladies!

Am I just going to drive my self nuts temping while nursing?? Am I in the clear?

please forgive all typos due to auto correct's lack of mind reading abilities. :-)

Advertisement

Last edited by theonenonlymrssmith; 06-24-2013 at 10:14 AM.
theonenonlymrssmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Quick question! Are you temping first thing after at least 3 hours of sleep before doing anything including getting out if bed?
Old 04-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahknavy
Quick question! Are you temping first thing after at least 3 hours of sleep before doing anything including getting out if bed?
Yes, I am temping around 6:50 am, I have an alarm set. (Day 8 was way late, since I turned the alarm off!) it's my longest stretch of sleep when my little one doesn't wake up. He gets up around 7:-7:30 and by that time I have to pee like mad, so I set the alarm to go off early.

please forgive all typos due to auto correct's lack of mind reading abilities. :-)
Old 04-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #4
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Also.. Looks like you did ovulate the 11th day to me. Maybe your cm didnt follow suit. Nursing can cause crazy things.

I would say its hard to determine off of half of chart of temping... Give it a couple months before you use it as a mor e reliable indication.

Last edited by Sarahknavy; 04-24-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Sarahknavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #5
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Oh and I should add, there was the tiniest hit on blood on the tp on cd 11...

Old 04-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #6
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahknavy
Also.. Looks like you did ovulate the 11th day to me. Maybe your cm didnt follow suit. Nursing can cause crazy things.

I would say its hard to determine off of half of chart of temping... Give it a couple months before you use it as a mor e reliable indication.
The billings method said I only needed a 2 week BIP, so that's what I was following at the time.