Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

MD already asking about BC or tubes tied?

It happened with my last PG as well but at least I think they waited til the last week or 2 til I was due. I went in for my check-up yesterday and she already asked me what I was wanting to use for BC or if I was gonna get my tubes tied. I'm only 33 wks today! I told her I wasn't getting my TT, and really have no plans to ever do that and was gonna be BFing so wasn't going to take any BC because last time they said that could have been what was affecting my milk supply when it started to decrease. Plus TBH we have no intention on this being our last, but it's like people around here look at me like I'm insane as it is so I don't dare say that to anybody! Maybe its their job to ask but I think whatever I decide should be up to me and they should respect that. A lot of it is that this is my 6th and around here having more then 3 is like CRAZY, but I'm not asking any of them to take care of them. I stay home with them and they are all great kids. I don't know what the point of this was, just wanted to rant I guess cause it just irritated me. Anyways thanks for listening

Advertisement

Old 04-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
mmeneely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: MD already asking about BC or tubes tied?

I understand where you are coming from. Perhaps the physician did not realize that you are expecting for the sixth time because it was a planned pregnancy and you chose for it to happen.
Mention that at your next appointment. Just say it clear and simple. "We planned this baby, we planned to have many children and when I am ready to discuss a method of BC, I will."
Enjoy that small wonder mamma! Hugs.
mmeneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #3
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

I asked my Dr. why it was brought up so early and he said because many insurance companies are requiring authorization to be signed so many days prior to having a tubal ligation. So if you want a tubal you have to sign sometime between the 32 and 34th week or some insurance companies are no longer covering that method.
tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytushi View Post
I asked my Dr. why it was brought up so early and he said because many insurance companies are requiring authorization to be signed so many days prior to having a tubal ligation. So if you want a tubal you have to sign sometime between the 32 and 34th week or some insurance companies are no longer covering that method.
Yes, this. They want to do it while you are there and they might still have an age limit. My friend wanted one a few years back when she had two and they didn't want to give it to her because she was young and might change her mind.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:25 AM   #5
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

There is just no birth control out there that I'm compatible with except condoms or abstinence (....I'm not really compatible with abstinence either... lol) I have an appointment today and I'm just going to pull the Catholic Card and tell them to write it on my chart. I hate feeling pressured to get my tubes tied and that awkward ".....so this is your third baby, huh?...." as if I'm officially past my limit for baby making.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:31 AM   #6
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

I know they have to ask a little early because of insurance, which is why they asked me a couple weeks before hand last time but it just seemed really early this time. Of course she does think I'm going to go early so that may be a factor in the earlier discussion. I know my age isn't a factor since I'll be 37 in July. I'm sure it's just being overly sensitive sue to pregnancy, I think everything is annoying me at this point
Old 04-26-2013, 06:53 AM   #7
MrsTorres
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My insurance required prior auth in order to tie my tubes but then I also had to get my pcp to write a referral as well so between the two my procedure was delayed..they're probably asking early just so if you wanted it you'd have enough time to get it done. There was also a waiting period too so I couldn't get mine done until I was 10 weeks pp.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 04-26-2013, 07:01 AM   #8
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

IME, some insurances require an authorization and signed consent 30-45 days prior to the procedure, so that timing seems to add up about right. The OB I worked for would ask every OB patient their bc plans at/around their 32 week visit to make sure all the paperwork was in on time.

ETA- I am expecting our third and at my FIRST visit for this one he says, "this will be the last one, right?" lol, he has no idea.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:43 AM   #9
mommy2boys2007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DDCC
I was asked this on my first OB appointment. I was very shocked, offended even.
Jamie, mama to DS-Daniel- 04-06-2005, DS- Michael- 06-16-2007(my birthday present!), DS-Samuel-12-13-2009, DD Abigail- 01-02-2012 baby #5 due October 1, 2013
mommy2boys2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:43 AM   #10
mommy2boys2007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DDCC
I was asked this on my first OB appointment. I was very shocked, offended even.
Jamie, mama to DS-Daniel- 04-06-2005, DS- Michael- 06-16-2007(my birthday present!), DS-Samuel-12-13-2009, DD Abigail- 01-02-2012 baby #5 due October 1, 2013
mommy2boys2007 is offline   Reply With Quote