Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Best Place to get Testers?

I will be done working full time (doing daycare from my home) on June 1st or hopefully a tad sooner. Between now and then I want to get my items sewn up and get some testing done on them, so I can iron out the flaws before I have time to really start my WAHM business.

Where is the best place to get testers? Do you have them submit feedback and photos? How long do you continue testing before starting up your WAHM page/business?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
Mackie3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best Place to get Testers?

following because I want to know, too! What items do you make? I think it would be beneficial for you to have a facebook account specifically for your business (twitter, too) because that is a good form of free advertisement. I just established my fb and twitter last night (in my signature). Right now I'm not offering my WAHM wares yet but will be hosting reviews and giveaways, as well as topics such as natural parenting, green living, cloth diapers, babywearing, co-sleeping, etc. Good luck! Let me know when you get a page up& going so I can follow you
Old 04-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm making snapping unpaper towel, cloth wipes (both things are needed locally), and a stretchy wrap that goes around a prefold so you can get a better, tighter fit and pin the wrap itself instead of the prefold.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #4
Mackie3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That sounds great. I'm wanting to bring more awareness to cloth and more natural-based living to my area. Nobody around here cloth diapers 1.5 hours away in the bigger cities they do, but I really want to show my hometown and surrounding areas how beneficial these things can be to their lives. The stretchy wrap sounds awesome! Post pics sometime!
Old 04-25-2013, 04:33 AM   #5
MamaDawn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ME! I'm interested in the stretchy wrap... I'd look for testers on FB and here... And I wouldn't set a certain time limit to testing, test until the product is where you want it to be with customer satisfaction.

When you are testing you can ask that people fill out a form for feedback, leave you feed back ratings somewhere like here and take pictures. You can even ask for them to be a certain quality picture or be at certain angles (standing, sitting, not just on the changing table, no flash) and also require them to share your shop on FB. But the more things you ask people to do the lower I'd make the price to compensate them for their time and effort.

Once you get your shop going and you aren't testing anymore advertising on FB can really help your build a larger fan base. And it doesn't have to be expensive. I've spent as little as $20 and gotten over 100 fans in a few days.

Also having a giveaway is a good way to build it up too. FB rules say you can't host the giveaway there (though I know places do) but you can post it there and have it on a blog or there are giveaway sites too.

Hope that helps and good luck

Hand Painted yarn by Fairy Tale Knits

Direct link to my current colorways
MamaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote