Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2013, 08:01 AM   #1
Addicted2Chocolate
Registered Users
seller
seller

Never mind. I give up.

Advertisement

Last edited by Addicted2Chocolate; 04-24-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Addicted2Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Can you find a different doctor? I hate when doctors could 'care less'.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
OnTheLanai
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Low progesterone but Dr refuses to help

I would find a new doctor. I went through 4 or 5 doctors before finding one that would take me seriously and do what needed to be done.
OnTheLanai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:24 AM   #4
Addicted2Chocolate
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm pretty certain it's too late. I've lost ALL symptoms again as is my pattern for miscarriages. I'm just going to let nature take its course. The idea of going back to my doctor literally causes anxiety attacks and my husband cannot take it any longer.

I'm going to schedule a tubal litigation ASAP with a new clinic. I can't bear another miscarriage. Not being able to get pregnant for all those years was much easier to deal with than this.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:11 AM   #5
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well it would be an easy fix with getting progesterone. you can buy it off amazon, there is a vegetable based on called progon b. and i buy mine from inhousepharmacy.biz. get the prometrium.
I have the same issue and lost several due to low progesterone. sometimes I get it on too late as I wasnt planning a pregnancy. but a dr who knows you have low prog and wont give it, I feel is causes your baby death. a baby cannot survive without the right sustaining hormones.

dont give up, get what you need either from another dr or get it yourself. thats how most of us get by and we turn to self help and treatment
Old 04-26-2013, 05:08 PM   #6
Addicted2Chocolate
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom
well it would be an easy fix with getting progesterone. you can buy it off amazon, there is a vegetable based on called progon b. and i buy mine from inhousepharmacy.biz. get the prometrium.
I have the same issue and lost several due to low progesterone. sometimes I get it on too late as I wasnt planning a pregnancy. but a dr who knows you have low prog and wont give it, I feel is causes your baby death. a baby cannot survive without the right sustaining hormones.

dont give up, get what you need either from another dr or get it yourself. thats how most of us get by and we turn to self help and treatment
THANKYOU!

I feel EXACTLY the same way. Unfortunately I am very limited in doctors that I can see because of my history of preterm labor once again due to low progesterone. I even tried calling a clinic this morning and failed to mention my history and requested to be seen for a "second opinion" and was told they won't see me until 10 weeks, which has been the case with most places i called. I have called every practice on my insurance list and have found only 1 clinic that will accept me as a patient.

I ordered a bottle of the progesterone tablets from Amazon today. Hopefully I'm not too late. I have been beating myself to death in fighting doctors through all 3 of my losses. I am a pro at fighting with doctors but these OB's are something else. I thought Texas was a pro-life state but that doesn't seem to be the case for me.

Thanks again for suggesting the plant based progesterone. I had no idea it existed and am hopeful based on its reviews.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #7
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Can you call around to Dr's outside of your insurance just to get their opinion? Maybe they will help you with the progesterone thing and care at current Dr? I hope the ones you ordered work!
I know how it is with multiple losses. So draining and heartbreaking. I also know how it is fighting Dr's.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #8
Addicted2Chocolate
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was able to find a new doctor who didn't hesitate to give me the progesterone I need. He also could not believe how horrible my previous OB treated me. It was such a huge relief to be told I'm not crazy. However a quick ultrasound showed nothing and I feel like I am back at square one waiting for the bleeding to start. The symptoms I did have are gone once again so I can only assume the worst.

I have decided that I will be asking for a referral to a fertility clinic so I can be VERY closely monitored in the beginning. I thought I was done until I got pregnant this time and now I refuse to give up without a fight.$
Old 05-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #9
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i told you mama- YOU ARE NOT crazy. if you need something and someone wont help then they are NOT doing their job. so happy you are in the right hands now. sorry about your loss. probably could have been prevented if the other OB was up on his reading and cared about women and babies :/
Old 05-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #10
Gajoaugr
Registered Users
seller

I had similar issues with this, I wanted a blood test done when I became pregnant again after I lost two babies early on and my dr. repeatedly told me "why, it's not going to make a difference if you're having another mc" he was horrible and I switched to a different dr and he put me or progesterone right away and I had a beautiful perfect girl nine months later
Gajoaugr is offline   Reply With Quote