Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2013, 12:05 AM   #11
nolansmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lightheaded, dizzy, blacking out and exhausted to the max...should I call OB?

I would go ahead and start them. I am very anemic right now. My MW has me on two slow fe + prenatal vitamins daily. Iron absorbs better if you take it with something high in vitamin c (like oj). I would also up your iron intake in your foods if you can.

Advertisement

Old 04-29-2013, 06:27 AM   #12
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lightheaded, dizzy, blacking out and exhausted to the max...should I call OB?

I take floridex as my iron is always low and it brings it up every time w/o any nasty side effect iron has. also are you drinking enough?? and how is your blood pressure?
def. start taking some iron now and eat foods high in iron. bring it up with ob when you have appt.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:34 AM   #13
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone!! I think some of it yesterday was dehydration...I ate probably 1/2 a watermelon and felt a ton better. Water tastes gross to me so it's hard to drink anything much...I don't drink anything else normally. I'm almost certain it's anemia. I am grabbing some iron pills today. I called the OB this morning and she's going to call me back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyshanti View Post
I take floridex as my iron is always low and it brings it up every time w/o any nasty side effect iron has. also are you drinking enough?? and how is your blood pressure?
def. start taking some iron now and eat foods high in iron. bring it up with ob when you have appt.
Probably not drinking enough, no. I can only drink gatorade without feeling "bleh" and I'm not big on anything but water which I can't drink right now anyway so I think I need more to drink I'm not sure what to do about that though. I'm not keeping anything but gatorade down well. My BP was slightly high the last time I was at the OB to confirm pregnancy but that was after fighting with my sister trying to get her to listen to me (she lives with us...is moving out in a week, and is a teen...very stubborn), my Ds was bouncing off the walls and I was trying to get him ready and had to meet my mom (who I avoid 99.9% of the time because she's nuts) before the appt. SO, I feel it was high because of all of that. I hardly ever see mom, Ds is usually a good toddler but was downright aggrivating that day and my sis was being immature and aggrivating. I have noticed though if I have a stressful moment/day I feel my BP rising and I can't hear my heart beating in my ears at times so that's another thing I'm going to have them check. I've never had issues with BP so I'm a tad worried about that.

Last edited by Dani_Phen; 04-29-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Dani_Phen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #14
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you can only drink Gatorade than drink it, even if its more than you'd like to intake in a day. You need to stay hydrated! Maybe have enough watermelon around for a daily feast as well.

I have been craving fruit and juice -- it's a weird think to crave with an upset stomach. Also milk and yogurt. But I eat it and it makes me feel better. BTW I know nothing of anemia...
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:46 PM   #15
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
If you can only drink Gatorade than drink it, even if its more than you'd like to intake in a day. You need to stay hydrated! Maybe have enough watermelon around for a daily feast as well.

I have been craving fruit and juice -- it's a weird think to crave with an upset stomach. Also milk and yogurt. But I eat it and it makes me feel better. BTW I know nothing of anemia...
Thanks! The OB wants to see me tomorrow. I've been living on chicken noodle soup, watermelon and gatorade. I found yesterday that coke is ok. I hate it normally but I had a coke icee twice yesterday and felt fine so I'm going to get a bottle of coke when hubbs and I go to town tonight. lol. I craved fruit and salads when I was preggo with my Ds but had such an upset stomach at even the slightest thought of eating anything else. lol
Old 05-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #16
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had the same thing, but it was because my blood pressure was very low when I was pregnant with ds. If it's iron I'd take the pill and mention it next time you can. I ate salty stuff but still had to quit my job for a desk job because standing for.more than 15 minutes had me blacking out.