Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #271
tedcgh's Avatar
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedcgh
NEW
Question of the week: What do you do for "me" time to refresh?

Thank you Melissa for the idea!
I only work 4-6 hours a week outside of the home as a Lactation Consultant. Even though it can be crazy at the hospital, being something else besides mommy can really help.
I have a mom's group that I got out with once a month. We have play dates once a week as well. I love my girls.
At home I sew and crochet when I can.

Advertisement

__________________
Tiffany Wife to Charlie(5/31/03) Proud Mommy to Maylee(11/19/07) and Aven(10/27/10) Cautiously expecting our Rainbow in March
tedcgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:08 PM   #272
JasmineMama's Avatar
JasmineMama
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,076
My Mood:
Re: TTC 30+ April Showers hopefully brings May BFPs

Tiffany -- Sorry about your uber long cycle. That would drive me crazy. But, I love roller coasters, I'm going to an amusement park in June and I keep telling myself it will be great to ride a roller coaster for the first time in years! (But a noisy part of my brain keeps saying "a bfp would be better" SHHH!)

AFM: (TMI alert) I'm 5/6 dpo and I woke up this a.m. and vomited. I was hopeful for about 2 seconds before I realized I have a stomach bug. Yuck. I am dragging through this day. I can't even remember the last time I vomited outside of pregnancy.

ETA: QOTW -- I like to run because I can a. be outside and b. zone out to music I like that is not the wiggles.
__________________
Mr. Man (8/09) , Little guy (6/11) and my little girl (1/14) missing my little beans (10/12) (03/13)

Last edited by JasmineMama; 04-29-2013 at 01:11 PM.
JasmineMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #273
amf78's Avatar
amf78
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Seattle 'burbs
Posts: 1,774
Re: TTC 30+ April Showers hopefully brings May BFPs

QOTW: I love to read and play golf. I used to play in a women's basketball league too, but the knees are too bad for that now

Any recommendations for an OPK? I think I will give that a try next month.
__________________
Amy
Andrew 3/06 & Luke 2/08

Baby Boy #3 EDD 1/14/15
amf78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:54 PM   #274
tedcgh's Avatar
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineMama
Tiffany -- Sorry about your uber long cycle. That would drive me crazy. But, I love roller coasters, I'm going to an amusement park in June and I keep telling myself it will be great to ride a roller coaster for the first time in years! (But a noisy part of my brain keeps saying "a bfp would be better" SHHH!)

AFM: (TMI alert) I'm 5/6 dpo and I woke up this a.m. and vomited. I was hopeful for about 2 seconds before I realized I have a stomach bug. Yuck. I am dragging through this day. I can't even remember the last time I vomited outside of pregnancy.

ETA: QOTW -- I like to run because I can a. be outside and b. zone out to music I like that is not the wiggles.
I just started running again. Although right now it is torture instead of freeing. Hopefully it will be a break again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amf78
QOTW: I love to read and play golf. I used to play in a women's basketball league too, but the knees are too bad for that now

Any recommendations for an OPK? I think I will give that a try next month.
I see a lot of people post about the wondfo ones on amazon or the OPK kits at www.early-pregnancy-tests.com

I have used the ones at $tree but I only tried them for a few days around when I thought I was gearing up to O. I have never done them daily.
__________________
Tiffany Wife to Charlie(5/31/03) Proud Mommy to Maylee(11/19/07) and Aven(10/27/10) Cautiously expecting our Rainbow in March
tedcgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #275
mhschool6's Avatar
mhschool6
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 492
My Mood:
Re: TTC 30+ April Showers hopefully brings May BFPs

I have just been using OPK's for 2 cycles. I did the Wondfo ones from Amazon too. I don't have anything to compare them too, but they were positive about 24 hours before O for me this time! Now, just waiting to test!!
__________________
Hannah- married to M for 14 yrs: Mama of 7 amazing children! Ages 13yrs down to 23mos And expecting #8 January 2014!!!
mhschool6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:51 PM   #276
MyGlorylife's Avatar
MyGlorylife
Registered Users
Formerly: WrapHappy
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Port Angeles WA
Posts: 5,064
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhschool6
I have just been using OPK's for 2 cycles. I did the Wondfo ones from Amazon too. I don't have anything to compare them too, but they were positive about 24 hours before O for me this time! Now, just waiting to test!!
I'm so hoping its ur month!!! U guys were bd'ing like crazy!!!
__________________
I have a Large family/homeschooling blog!!! http://itsagoodfull.blogspot.com/
Daughter of The King, helpmeet to my Manly and mama to 10 and trying for more
MyGlorylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:23 PM   #277
mkbdvm's Avatar
mkbdvm
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,746
My Mood:
Re: TTC 30+ April Showers hopefully brings May BFPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedcgh View Post
I only work 4-6 hours a week outside of the home as a Lactation Consultant. Even though it can be crazy at the hospital, being something else besides mommy can really help.
I have a mom's group that I got out with once a month. We have play dates once a week as well. I love my girls.
At home I sew and crochet when I can.
That sounds fun! I wish I was crafty enough to sew or crochet, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineMama View Post
Tiffany -- Sorry about your uber long cycle. That would drive me crazy. But, I love roller coasters, I'm going to an amusement park in June and I keep telling myself it will be great to ride a roller coaster for the first time in years! (But a noisy part of my brain keeps saying "a bfp would be better" SHHH!)

AFM: (TMI alert) I'm 5/6 dpo and I woke up this a.m. and vomited. I was hopeful for about 2 seconds before I realized I have a stomach bug. Yuck. I am dragging through this day. I can't even remember the last time I vomited outside of pregnancy.

ETA: QOTW -- I like to run because I can a. be outside and b. zone out to music I like that is not the wiggles.
Sorry you are sick. Hope the bug moves through you quickly and you can be back to yourself.

When you gonna POAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amf78 View Post
QOTW: I love to read and play golf. I used to play in a women's basketball league too, but the knees are too bad for that now

Any recommendations for an OPK? I think I will give that a try next month.
I use the wondfos. They seem to work well. Prices is right, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedcgh View Post
I just started running again. Although right now it is torture instead of freeing. Hopefully it will be a break again.



I see a lot of people post about the wondfo ones on amazon or the OPK kits at www.early-pregnancy-tests.com

I have used the ones at $tree but I only tried them for a few days around when I thought I was gearing up to O. I have never done them daily.
I started "running" again as well. It is more of a walk/jog! I also abhor it. Ugh. I love the feeling afterwards though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGlorylife View Post
I'm so hoping its ur month!!! U guys were bd'ing like crazy!!!
Where are you? Are you 2/3 DPO?

AFM, 1 DPO (maybe 2). My face is breaking out like crazy, my boobs hurt and I'm cranky. It feels like AF is coming, but I think it is WAY too soon for that unless my body is really messed up.

QOTW answer, outside of my full time job as a vet and tending to 2 crazies (while DH works nights), I go to a fitness boot camp 2 days a week at 5:45 am and have started walk/jogging again 2 more days a week. I also read a lot and stalk you all on DS.
__________________
Melissa (39 7/8) partner to my amazing DW, momma to two wild child girls Isabella (9/06), Daniela (10/09) and currently due with a little boy Nov 2015!. I have 3 fur babies as well!
mkbdvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #278
MyGlorylife's Avatar
MyGlorylife
Registered Users
Formerly: WrapHappy
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Port Angeles WA
Posts: 5,064
My Mood:
I'm here!!!! O was late... Again. This is sooooo not normal for me. Anyway cd 19/20 and O'ing today for sure!
__________________
I have a Large family/homeschooling blog!!! http://itsagoodfull.blogspot.com/
Daughter of The King, helpmeet to my Manly and mama to 10 and trying for more
MyGlorylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:38 PM   #279
mkbdvm's Avatar
mkbdvm
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,746
My Mood:
Re: TTC 30+ April Showers hopefully brings May BFPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGlorylife View Post
I'm here!!!! O was late... Again. This is sooooo not normal for me. Anyway cd 19/20 and O'ing today for sure!
Just saw that on the 2ww post! I'm 1 DPO so we can be POAS buds!! I'm going to TRY to hold out to next weds (10 DPO). See if it happens.

ETA: My boobs HURT. Does this happen to any of you around O time? Also, my face is breaking out like crazy. So weird. Maybe it is my body getting used to being of BCP?
__________________
Melissa (39 7/8) partner to my amazing DW, momma to two wild child girls Isabella (9/06), Daniela (10/09) and currently due with a little boy Nov 2015!. I have 3 fur babies as well!
mkbdvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:14 AM   #280
mhschool6's Avatar
mhschool6
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 492
My Mood:
Re: TTC 30+ April Showers hopefully brings May BFPs

My face has been broken out since 2 days before O, and the boobs have been killing me ever since! Hormones are going crazy!!!
__________________
Hannah- married to M for 14 yrs: Mama of 7 amazing children! Ages 13yrs down to 23mos And expecting #8 January 2014!!!
mhschool6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.