Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #31
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: why are there no pictures?!

I think pictures are important. I am a visual person. I am also very uncool when it comes to diapers to I have no clue what color rabbit is, what a colorway looks like , what a 2.0 looks like, etc.

I want to see what it is. I want to see the flaws if any. It's not enough to say "light staining" on prefolds. Yes it's a huge amount of prefolds but at least show a picture of the staining on the worse one. Pet peeve... "it will probably sun out"... if it *might* sun out. Then sun the suckers so they don't have stains. We all (or most of us that are already CDing) know things *might* sun out. Why even say that?

If I don't see a picture, I'm not going to pm and ask. I don't really *need* anything but I might be tempted to buy something as a want. I can't be tempted at all if there are no photos. I have flickr. It's free and like photobucket. You can post the photos directly to the the thread without attachment requirements coming into play.

(That said ....I still want a rainbow nior good mama... I'd ask for photos for that. Only cuz I really want it! I have some rainbow noir fabric and I might just make my own. And I'd ask for pics of Fish in Bags fabric. I insanely want some but I can never justify the prices that it sells for. I'd love to trade for it.)

Advertisement

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia

Last edited by Rdesonia; 04-20-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #32
Ncmartin
Registered Users
seller

Totally agree!
Ncmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:12 PM   #33
Paislie98
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree. I check my threads daily, its not too difficult to do that. I make it a point to go to the statistics screen then check on threads that way before bumping them. I need to see a pic eventually though. I am not going to buy anything without seeing a picture of it. I don't like asking for pics but I have done this before if it is something I really want.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #34
mayasmomma
Registered Users
seller

I think it's because it's impossible to post pictures! I mean, I keep trying but the uploader won't work. It just always says uploader failed. I've tried shrinking the pics too and they still won't post. It's obnoxious and makes it really hard for sellers to sell their items, because I agree - pics should be available to buyers! How in the world do people get the uploader to work???
Old 04-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #35
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayasmomma View Post
I think it's because it's impossible to post pictures! I mean, I keep trying but the uploader won't work. It just always says uploader failed. I've tried shrinking the pics too and they still won't post. It's obnoxious and makes it really hard for sellers to sell their items, because I agree - pics should be available to buyers! How in the world do people get the uploader to work???
I use photo bucket. Way easier and has a link to put pix right in.post
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #36
anne_josh
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
"it will probably sun out"... if it *might* sun out. Then sun the suckers so they don't have stains. We all (or most of us that are already CDing) know things *might* sun out. Why even say that?
Some of us have very little sun available except in the summer. I can tell you if I went to sun anything right now it would a) not get enough to matter and b) get rained on.
anne_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #37
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne_josh View Post
Some of us have very little sun available except in the summer. I can tell you if I went to sun anything right now it would a) not get enough to matter and b) get rained on.
Someone sunned diapers in the rain. She said it worked really well. Maybe even better than with total sun as the diaper didn't dry out. When the diaper is dry it doesn't sun very well at all.

I skip posts without pics. Right now though I don't need anything at all so unless it has really good pics of a really cute fitted I won't bother looking.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:19 AM   #38
tjs77tsa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayasmomma View Post
I agree they should make it easier to post pics here directly I will not post my pics to any photo sharing site such as photo bucket.
tjs77tsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #39
PBAki
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I wonder if DS has tried integrating TapaTalk for this forum. I have few vBulletin forums I browse through and is very stable. Rarely have problems with them.
PBAki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:37 PM   #40
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne_josh View Post
LOL - I loved b. This is happening right now to one of my diapers on the line. Also sunning in the PNW in the winter/spring takes FOREVER. Like a week to get a good amount of sun. The same reason that people in the PNW are also super vitamin D deficient.

But yes - I always put pictures in my posts.