Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #51
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

Woohoo!!! 10lbs total lost

Advertisement

Old 04-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #52
mirandavt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett's mommy
Woohoo!!! 10lbs total lost
That's awesome!!! Other than happiness over the weight loss, how do you feel??

I really need to do this!! Anyone wanna join me? Mostly for accountability purposes
mirandavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #53
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirandavt View Post

I really need to do this!! Anyone wanna join me? Mostly for accountability purposes
I feel good. I sleep better. I'm not starving all the time. I struggle to meet my calorie goals when before I was always over. I should have taken pictures so I could see the difference but as far as I can tell my tummy is getting smaller which is probably partly from weight loss partly from not being bloated from eating grains.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #54
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: sugar addiction

Quote:

I can try to start it with you. I've done it before and I know that the hardest part is just getting started. I've been having caramel coffees daily and I should cut it out to focus on weight loss. So if you're still interested, we can start together!
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #55
mirandavt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keonli

I can try to start it with you. I've done it before and I know that the hardest part is just getting started. I've been having caramel coffees daily and I should cut it out to focus on weight loss. So if you're still interested, we can start together!
I'm def interested! I'll send you a pm!!
Old 04-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #56
mirandavt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett's mommy

I feel good. I sleep better. I'm not starving all the time. I struggle to meet my calorie goals when before I was always over. I should have taken pictures so I could see the difference but as far as I can tell my tummy is getting smaller which is probably partly from weight loss partly from not being bloated from eating grains.
That's amazing. So you cut out grains & sugar? You could take pics now and update as you go! Are you still feeling really good?
Old 04-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #57
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

Quote:

That's amazing. So you cut out grains & sugar? You could take pics now and update as you go! Are you still feeling really good?
Yes all grains and starchy veggies and sugar. I'm not having fruit either but that is just for 21 days for my sugar "detox". I was thinking about doing that today but I took my measurements instead. Will try to get some pics tomorrow.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:21 AM   #58
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

Things are still going ok here. I screwed up my weight loss for a few days at least though. I bought some sugar free syrup because I made some coconut flour waffles this past weekend and wanted syrup. Then after eating it and not losing any weight like I have been I looked into the ingredients and this particular sugar substitute has a tendency to affect blood sugar and stop ketosis. so its going to take my body a couple of days to readjust but looking forward to Saturday. Since friday is my last day I'm making a sugar free lemon raspberry cheesecake to celebrate

Eta: the sugar sub is called malitol if anyone is interested.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:49 AM   #59
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: sugar addiction

You're doing great! A good sugar substitute is stevia, which is much sweeter than white sugar. It takes some getting used to, though. You're doing a fantastic job! And I didn't realize you had cut out grains as well. My body loves carbs and that's the hardest thign for me to cut out.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:02 AM   #60
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonli View Post
You're doing great! A good sugar substitute is stevia, which is much sweeter than white sugar. It takes some getting used to, though. You're doing a fantastic job! And I didn't realize you had cut out grains as well. My body loves carbs and that's the hardest thign for me to cut out.
Yeah its been really hard for me too. We are a pasta loving family and it wasn't unusual for us to have pasta 3 times a week. I also love homemade bread the rest of my family is still eating "normal" so its been torture lol. I bought some stevia to try because splenda has been leaving a bitter taste in my mouth lately.