Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #11
Jomama521
Registered Users

Re: Want to learn about making own baby food

I just used my blender because I already owned one. You just have to stir frequently and once I got a feel for how much liquid I needed it was a much quicker process. I made big batches and froze in ice cube trays then transferred cubes to freezer bags. I did it everyday for about a week, just throwing everything into the dishwasher at the end of the day and made a large amount of food! Good luck!

Advertisement

Jomama521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #12
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5lilmonkeys View Post
This was my favorite website for guidance in making baby and toddler food. http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay+Dave View Post
Wholesomebabyfood.com is a WONDERFUL resource!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I third this source! I just used my blender, food processor, or food mill. I never found I needed any special equipment.

I also found these nifty little storage cups at the dollar tree that held exactly 1 oz of food. I would freeze them in those and then throw all of the containers in a freezer bag to make sure they didn't get freezer burn. They we perfect for traveling or staking in the refrigerator to thaw each day.

Last edited by s@hmommy; 02-06-2013 at 02:46 PM.
s@hmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #13
nikkchikk
Registered Users
seller

Get used babyfood jars from friends and use it to store your homemade stuff!
nikkchikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #14
nikkchikk
Registered Users
seller

A baby bullet or ninja makes things very easy as well.
nikkchikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #15
Miac6
Registered Users
seller

I use the ninja food processor thing it's amazing! It was only like $15 from target and works great. I freeze the food in an ice cube tray then but the cubes in ziplock bags and thaw them in the fridge. I also bought the wholesome baby food cookbook which is pretty good with ideas of when to introduce what but I think I could have easily found all the information online
Miac6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #16
luvinmybaby!
Registered Users
seller

I took a look at the ninja food processor online and everyone is giving it 5 out of 5 stars, thank you for the recommendation. I think we'll try it :-) It is showing at $20 but that is still a great price compared to others, especially if it is as good as it sounds.
luvinmybaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #17
agl
Registered Users

I've heard great things about Beaba, especially if you're going to make baby food everyday. I just used a Cuisinart mini food processor and it did the trick for me.
agl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #18
lauraz76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just want to chime in that I loooooove the wholesome baby food website! Used it for my first and now my second. I used an immersion blender this time, so much easier. I did have to add water to some things. I spend a weekend making a bunch, freezing in ice cube trays and storing in freezer bags.
lauraz76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #19
DaisyAnne
Registered Users
seller

I'm planning to use my food processor to puree some things. It is so dizzying looking at information about introducing solid foods since there are so many opinions and options out there. We've just started and am trying out a little bit of a method called baby-led weaning. You don't have to do too much preparation to the food (steamed zucchini spears, baked sweet potato cut into sticks, cucumber slices are what we've tried so far).
DaisyAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #20
mkrisel
Registered Users

I also love wholesomebabyfood.com. I used out good processor (because it is what we had), made big batches and froze the food in ice cube trays. Popped the food out and threw it in a ziplock bag. Then we could offer a variety of foods, and not too much was wasted.
mkrisel is offline   Reply With Quote