Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #2391
Keme
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: April 2009 DDC Mamas and Cutie Pies Chat Thread *Pic Heavy*

We celebrated Jaime's birthday this past weekend so I figured I should come over here and see if anyone had posted Happy FOURTH b-day to our sweet little ones!! I can barely believe it! We are baptizing both kids in June so we skipped a birthday party, but had some family over for chicken tacos (his request) and birthday cake, which he didn't eat. He has no sweet tooth!

Jaime is LOVING being a big brother, sister Xochitl just turned 6 months and they LOVE each other, many giggles and kisses and wrestling. He's excited to go to preschool in the fall because I'm finally going back to school myself! We're moving in with my parents this summer to save some money and look for a place in the town they live in (Davis, CA) which is an expensive but insanely kid-centered and idyllic place to live.

Oh and he NEVER stops chatting! he is so talkative. He switches easily now between Spanish and English, so that's been fun to watch

Anyway, hope all the other kiddos are doing well

Advertisement

Last edited by Keme; 05-02-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Keme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #2392
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keme View Post
We celebrated Jaime's birthday this past weekend so I figured I should come over here and see if anyone had posted Happy FOURTH b-day to our sweet little ones!! I can barely believe it! We are baptizing both kids in June so we skipped a birthday party, but had some family over for chicken tacos (his request) and birthday cake, which he didn't eat. He has no sweet tooth!

Jaime is LOVING being a big brother, sister Xochitl just turned 6 months and they LOVE each other, many giggles and kisses and wrestling. He's excited to go to preschool in the fall because I'm finally going back to school myself! We're moving in with my parents this summer to save some money and look for a place in the town they live in (Davis, CA) which is an expensive but insanely kid-centered and idyllic place to live.

Oh and he NEVER stops chatting! he is so talkative. He switches easily now between Spanish and English, so that's been fun to watch

Anyway, hope all the other kiddos are doing well
I love seeing the photos on FB. He does look like such a proud big brother!
Old 04-09-2014, 08:04 PM   #2393
NancyB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi All! Just checking in.
Tristan just celebrated his 5th birthday on 3-23. Getting ready for Kindergarten!
Alyssa-8 Tristan-5 Melanie-2.5
Old 05-19-2014, 05:04 AM   #2394
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hope all your kiddos are doing well. We celebrated Carleigh's 5th bday on 3-28. We had a unicorn theme since her sisters are really into unicorns. Very bittersweet year. It's hard thinking she would be in kindergarten in the fall and how much of a personality she would have at this age. Wondering who she would be. Still missing her like crazy.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:29 PM   #2395
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi, mamas! I just wanted to take a moment to say goodbye here. I am rarely on DS these days, but I appreciate the companionship and bond we previously experienced.

I am FB friends with several of you, so look me up there if you want to check in. I have enjoyed seeing the pictures of our April babies as they grow and I've enjoyed getting to know your families. I am putting my email in my siggy if anyone wants to get ahold of me outside of DS or FB.

A last update here from me. :-)

My family is well, but we have had a life changing year.

In February, my 2 year nephew fell gravely ill and passed away. It was one of the hardest experiences of my life and I continue to wish we lived closer to my SIL to help her with his twin brother.

In June, my husband finally got visitations with his 11 year old daughter, so we spend the summer adjusting to having our in lives. It is wonderful and stressful all at the same time.

I have worked at McDonald's since 1997 and transfer every once in a while to support the needs of the company. When I stepped down from being a general manager in 2007 to focus on having children, I transferred to a store I would call my work home for 7 years. I was invited this summer to be part of the management team for a brand new McDonald's opening a few blocks from there, both places are about 20 minutes from my house. Two days after the restaurant opened, I was asked to be a GM again. At first I told them no, but I thought about it over the weekend and I couldn't pass up the opportunity. I work five minutes from home now and I am able bike most days, until the cold really settles in, I suppose. I also get Sundays off and my schedule means I am home when my kids are home. <wub> Of course, the pay raise was substantial and great for our family.

Because of this decision, my oldest started online public school and my two middles started public school. Kenny (6) and Sofiya (5) love it and I am grateful they enjoy it so much. My mom works at the school, so that makes me feel comforted about them being away from home. My 15 month old baby is growing before my eyes! Our kids have grown so fast!

Anyway, I hope you all are fantastic, thank you for your companionship and I wish you all well! Whenever I am in the cities, I always think fondly of our little meetup at Como Zoo.