Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
clothdiapercrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
No dialation...Please share your positive induction story

Looking for mama's out there who had positive induction experiences who were a little/not dialated or effaced much?

Just hoping for some positive thoughts!

ETA: I'd also love to hear about your pain med free inductions!

Advertisement

Last edited by clothdiapercrunchy; 04-20-2013 at 12:08 PM.
clothdiapercrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: No dialation...Please share your positive induction story

My second induction was a positive one. About 12 hours start to finish. I started at a 2 cm and not effaced at all. 39 weeks along. Was induced with Pitocin due to complications with my transplanted kidney. My epidural failed and no one could figure out why so that was the hard part since you don't have as much freedom of movement at most hospitals during inductions. Thankfully I progressed so quickly that I hardly had time to think about it before I was gripping the bed (and screaming) at 10 cm and needing to push. My midwife had me lay on my side to push, 3 pushes, and she was out and onto my chest. No tearing, no complications, went quickly, and overall a great experience when being induced was necessary. We left the hospital the next day. My first induction...is another story.
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:13 AM   #3
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My first induction due to pre-e was easy and no complications. They broke my water and that was all I needed. She was born 7hrs later.

#2 I needed help after my water broke. Pitocin and born 6 hours later
#3 Water broke on it's own, got pit and things went beyond fast. 2.5hrs of labor!
#4 I went in for NST and I was having enough contractions that they went ahead and broke my water, DD came out 27min later!

Positive thoughts, Mama.
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #4
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was induced with DS for medical reasons, not dialated at all. It took 2 days of cervadil to get dialated enough to break my water and then my OB started pitocin. From there I labored naturally and 6 hours later with just a couple pushes DS was born. So for me the hardest part was just getting my cervix opened a bit. Hope you have an easy induction!
Old 04-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
clothdiapercrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well my MW/Doula came over last night and checked me, turns out i'm like 2 ish externally and almost 2 internally. My cervix is effaced lopsided 75% on one side, 50% all around elsewhere, super soft, intermediate position of the cervix. That makes my bishop score about an 8. I had some mild contractions after, went to sleep, woke up, was up for an hour then lost a huge chunk of plug and had bloody show, more intermittent contractions today. Going to try sex tonight. My membranes are getting stripped again on Weds. I'm hoping that by then things might be even more open....
Old 04-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #6
clothdiapercrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If I am not 3 when I arrive, I'm going to ask for cervadil, see if it makes anything go, then try pit, once I hit 5, i'll prob let them break my water, I usually go fast once my water breaks, hoping that is the case this time and being a multip that will help too.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #7
JaimeeRooker
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by clothdiapercrunchy View Post
If I am not 3 when I arrive, I'm going to ask for cervadil, see if it makes anything go, then try pit, once I hit 5, i'll prob let them break my water, I usually go fast once my water breaks, hoping that is the case this time and being a multip that will help too.
Sounds like you have a good plan! I hope you get your natural delivery!!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #8
nachoslyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My first was an induction. I was a week past due and I had not dilated at all. The doctor scrapped my membranes to help out. A few days later my doctor decided to induce me. They gave me both medication to ripen my cervix and a PIT drip. I had no pain medication at all. The contractions with the PIT drip came fast and strong but everything was bareable. The doctor then decided to break my water since I was still not progressing. Slowly but surely 18 hours later and I had my baby boy in my hands via vaginal delivery.

Good luck!
Old 05-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #9
cinderella08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was induced (as a VBAC) last time because of uncontrollable BP issues. I had a 0 bishop score - cervix was high, closed, completely thick. Because I'm a VBAC they don't use cervadil/cyto - so pitocin was started immediately. My water broke on it's own at 8cm. My entire labor from the time they started pit until the time he was in my arms was 9 hours start to finish. No pain meds/epidural. It went great
Expecting Oakley Lennon in March 2015!
cinderella08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #10
B-ry89
Registered Users

My second induction went sooooo much better than my first. My body didnt fight it as bad I guess. My sisters first induction went really well though. Average length, perfect delivery and no tearing. Some people are just lucky I guess lol!
B-ry89 is offline   Reply With Quote