Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #21
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Re: August 11- May Chatter!

Crystal- I hope you all can be done with the sickies!!! That's just the worst, when it drags on like that.

Alison- Yay for getting ready for the transition! It's funny b/c I was so quick to get Vivian out of the crib when I had Lauren. I transitioned Lauren about the same time as well. And then there's Evan. lol I'm hoping to keep him in the crib longer than the girls. We got a free crib for the baby anyways so no real rush.

Advertisement

Old 05-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #22
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are hanging onto the crib for as long as we can...she loves it, so why rock the boat?

It's been raining for 4 days straight here. We've been cooped up in the house because all of the roads are flooding. Hoping it stops soon. I'm going out the lunch and shopping with my mom for my bd tomorrow...looking forward to that!
Old 05-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #23
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Holy moly Harper HATES going to bed. Until she is old enough to reason with and explain to stay out and be willing to stay put (ie NOT scream when I try to put her in bed....) then she can have a bed. I still have to put her to bed asleep or she doesn't sleep. She cries and strips down and does everything but sleep. Not fun! Lol

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #24
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Mary is still in a crib and will be until she willfully climbs out! We have two full size cribs so she can keep hers and babe can have their own.

I NEVER thought I would have two cribs... And then I had Nigel and then I had Mary and for three blissful months after her birth, I at least got a break from HIM for a couple hours a day. It would have been nice if I didn't have a fussy Mary to deal with during that time but it was better than nothing.

And then Nigel learned how to climb out and my life was pretty much over lol.

I really hope Mary will stay in the crib at least long enough for the newb to fall into a sleep pattern around 6 months or so.
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:06 PM   #25
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I actually moved Dominic to a bottom twin bunk at 16 months! And you know what? He did great! Nathan got a bed at 2, and he did great! I do not think it will go that way with Harper.

I am already dreading bed time during our extended weekend vacation this summer. She has already given up on napping about half the week and she does surprisingly well. On days she naps, bedtime is frightfully worse.

With talk of Harper and bed..... Care to share advice anyone? I'd ultimately like to be able to put her down in her bed at set time without her crying. Right now, she nurses to sleep and I lay her in the crib. If she's not asleep, she screams a bloodcurdling scream and I have to start over. I hate it.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #26
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Peyton will stay in the crib for another 5-6 months. But I just wanted to set the room up. She likes her bed though she will lay in it but just for a short time.

As for bedtime advice. Knock on wood but I have been so fortunate that my kiddos will go to bed and in some cases put themselves to bed. There was a stretch with Blu that we actually drove around until he fell asleep. But once he got his own bed he was good and would go right to bed. Tanner will go right to bed but he will sometimes wonder into our bed. Peyton has had some rough nights where she is in our bed. But she will go to bed initially and then I see a toddler sleeping net to me in the middle of the night--dh always gets her and brings her in. He likes the hugs he gets and the pats on the back Peyton gives him. So I guess I will have to brake the bothe of them of that habit.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #27
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Britt, I honestly think it's different for each kid depending on temperament. Grace and Kate were/are great sleepers. I could put them to bed even as a baby awake and they put themselves asleep. Then along came Claire...she is a horrible sleeper! I had to rock her to sleep every night, and she stopped taking naps totally around 20 months. It just got to where it wasn't worth the 30+ minute fight to get her down for an hour. Then she wouldn't want to go to bed on top of it. Even at 4 she still is a pain to get to sleep, and we find her asleep all over place in the morning. She has bad dreams and night terrors on occasion...horrible!

Anyway, Brynn goes down very easily for naps and bed. Just read her a couple books and she's good to go. I could never CIO...makes me physically ill to listen to them scream. So, although I did the same exact thing with each of them, I have 3 good sleepers and 1 not. Claire is definitely my most willful, and sometimes downright difficult kid.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #28
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

It was so tough with the girls. I mean, dh and I would tag team it, and it still took us an hour every night if not longer. Then there was Evan. swoon. lol. All I have to say is, "let's go night night" and he runs to the gate with excitement! We put on jammies, change diapers, and rock for 5-15 min. sometimes he's asleep, sometimes not, but most of the time he will just roll over and go to sleep. Naptime is the same. He's been so easy. I really pray that this next baby will do the same.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #29
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
That is exactly how the boys all were Vanessa. Nathan especially. He will still tell me he is ready to go to bed at night sometimes an hour before its 'time'. I love that they've learned to read their body signals.

I have no idea how Harper is wired so differently for sleep. I've done nothing different and its never been easy.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #30
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Got DHs MRI results back. His acl is still intact but his meniscus has a vertical and a lateral tear in it. He is so disappointed. I know he kept saying he thought it was but it didn't prepare him for the reality of another knee surgery. Poor Dh.