Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #61
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I have another rant for today about my brother in jail

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenHome Sewing View Post
I did not read every reply Mama, but I think it might help for you to just remind yourself that your brother has a mental illness.
I hope it does not sound cold to put it that way, but reminding yourself that he has an illness making him act the way he does will help you to continue loving him while guarding yourself from the emotional turmoil he causes.
Being a manipulative ******* does not make one mentally ill.

Advertisement

NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:14 PM   #62
Rewind_Selector
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRoll View Post
When did he help you, would be my question to your mom. Tell your mom that you simply cannot help him right now and all the texts and phone calls in the world won't change that.
Oh she knows. She refuses to send him anything. Her last text said "you did what you could do and he should not expect more. As for me I will not bow to his demands. He doesn't ask, he demands"
When I told her I blocked his calls again she said good because I deserve some peace.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #63
Rewind_Selector
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotLad View Post
Being a manipulative ******* does not make one mentally ill.
Very true. But he was diagnosed with bipolar a few years back. The thing is he knows exactly what he is doing when he tries to lay down a guilt trip, bipolar or not. And honestly I think he was misdiagnosed.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #64
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewind_Selector

Very true. But he was diagnosed with bipolar a few years back. The thing is he knows exactly what he is doing when he tries to lay down a guilt trip, bipolar or not. And honestly I think he was misdiagnosed.
My brother is apparently depressed, which I find an interesting way of saying he gets sad around 7am every morning when he realizes he drank and gambled away all his money and was a total **** to everyone he knows.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #65
Rewind_Selector
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palooka View Post
My brother is apparently depressed, which I find an interesting way of saying he gets sad around 7am every morning when he realizes he drank and gambled away all his money and was a total **** to everyone he knows.
There gonna be people who flame me for this but I think my brother went along with a bipolar diagnosis so he had an excuse for being a lazy, lying, stealing, selfish entitled jerkwad. He can say it's not his fault because he's sick(which he has). I've never seen him have a manic episode or be depressed (except when he can't manipulate people into doing what he wants) or any of the other signs of bipolar. Except maybe the risk taking when it comes to thievery.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #66
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good for you for blocking him. Now...the next chapter---keeping his drama from stressing you out. I suck at this. I still get caught up in DS's bio family's drama. DH is much better about putting them out of his mind then I am. But try...really hard...not to think about him. For me, I pray for peace about the situation. Don't know if that will help you or not, but it always made me feel better.

Good luck mama. A new chapter in your life. This is a "you get to". "I get to have a drama free life without him having power over me by making me feel guilty." If it continues, you can go to court and get a no contact order for harassment.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #67
BootsNBuckles
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewind_Selector View Post
There gonna be people who flame me for this but I think my brother went along with a bipolar diagnosis so he had an excuse for being a lazy, lying, stealing, selfish entitled jerkwad. He can say it's not his fault because he's sick(which he has). I've never seen him have a manic episode or be depressed (except when he can't manipulate people into doing what he wants) or any of the other signs of bipolar. Except maybe the risk taking when it comes to thievery.
I'm sorry to pry if it seems, but who diagnosed him? Was it his defending attorney's psychologist? Prosecutor's? Private? Sounds like he's just a manipulator. That or has other depraved mental issues and I say this with no bias, alas, I'm related to too many.

*ETA- there are SO many with mental issues, but far too many that play off the system.

Last edited by BootsNBuckles; 05-05-2013 at 10:23 PM. Reason: :) Reason
BootsNBuckles is offline   Reply With Quote