Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #51
TalkinBoutMyGirl's Avatar
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 13,180
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B View Post
This one is so cool!

Okay so how do I even make a dang decision now?! Each time I see one I want "that" one but then I see another and I want it too!
LOL Do you have a Target or BabiesRUs near you? You can lay hands on a couple of the seats if you can get to either of those. Here are the pics of DD tonight in the NextFit.

LOL can you tell she gets tired of being stuffed into seats?


She said it was great for sleeping in lol


Tons of recline angles should help it fit on flat or slopes seats!! So cool.


She has a crazy amount of room!

Advertisement

__________________
Anna - Gazelle intense with mywife Rachel and Hailey (6) our little
Swag with Me!

Last edited by TalkinBoutMyGirl; 05-05-2013 at 11:06 PM.
TalkinBoutMyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #52
TalkinBoutMyGirl's Avatar
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 13,180
My Mood:
Re: If $ wasnt a factor which carseat would you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
Anna, I read the thread and you are super knowledgable! Im also impressed by your tongue-holding skills.
Aww schucks! The other techs around here have years more experience than me so sometimes I feel like I don't know anythig lol

Oh and that...yeah. As much as I dd want to about it I knew it was better to let it go. Anyone can spout anything they want but without evidenced based research to back it up it means nothing.
__________________
Anna - Gazelle intense with mywife Rachel and Hailey (6) our little
Swag with Me!
TalkinBoutMyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:44 PM   #53
Sarah-B's Avatar
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl

LOL Do you have a Target or BabiesRUs near you? You can lay hands on a couple of the seats if you can get to either of those. Here are the pics of DD tonight in the NextFit.

LOL can you tell she gets tired of being stuffed into seats?

She said it was great for sleeping in lol

Tons of recline angles should help it fit on flat or slopes seats!! So cool.

She has a crazy amount of room!
Oh my CUTENESS ! So funny she said it was good to sleep in lol

Hopefully tomorrow I can go to babies r us with my 5.5 and 3.5 yr old nieces to throw them in the seats too haha

Carseats to look at (I am sure I will look at more)

Britax boulevard
Chico nextfit
Graco head wise 70*
Safty 1st advantage air 70
Maxi cosi pria
Radian rxt
Graco Size4me/my size/head wise

Thanks again
Talkinboutmygirl -I think your name is Anna?
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:47 PM   #54
TalkinBoutMyGirl's Avatar
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 13,180
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B

Oh my CUTENESS ! So funny she said it was good to sleep in lol

Hopefully tomorrow I can go to babies r us with my 5.5 and 3.5 yr old nieces to throw them in the seats too haha

Carseats to look at (I am sure I will look at more)

Britax boulevard
Chico nextfit
Graco head wise 70*
Safty 1st advantage air 70
Maxi cosi pria
Radian rxt
Graco Size4me/my size/head wise

Thanks again
Talkinboutmygirl -I think your name is Anna?
Your welcome! BRU may not have all those seats but I hope they have most of them. Pretty sure they don't carry the Radian or the Pria. Not positive about the others.
__________________
Anna - Gazelle intense with mywife Rachel and Hailey (6) our little
Swag with Me!
TalkinBoutMyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:39 AM   #55
Sarah-B's Avatar
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl

Your welcome! BRU may not have all those seats but I hope they have most of them. Pretty sure they don't carry the Radian or the Pria. Not positive about the others.
Ok I will try target too. Also my sis says they are busy tomorrow so it might be Tuesday before we go carseat shopping
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:44 AM   #56
Leiiki's Avatar
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: WI
Posts: 4,869
My Mood:
I'm curious about the Nextfit - is it really worth more than the RXT if it has a lower weight limit? DH was really Into it, and it would be nice to have the recline angles, but it looks so much shorter than the RXT and has a lower limit both RF and FF, plus it costs slightly more. Thoughts?
__________________
Wife to my best friend , SAHM to DD1 (4/15/10) and DD2 (5/16/13)
ISO/IHA
Leiiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:16 AM   #57
JustAugust's Avatar
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cloud 9
Posts: 12,049
My Mood:
Re: If $ wasnt a factor which carseat would you get?

Personally I stick to 3 brands. Everything has to pass certain safety standards, so every carseat is safe. But between recalls and whatnot, I feel bet about these brands. Britax, Diono, and Chicco. For convertible, I like the Britax Roundabout 50 or the Marathon. We have a Radian too, but the install rear facing can be pretty tricky. Forward facing both of the Britax and the Radian are awesome! If you don't plan on keeping her rear facing, you could go with the Britax Frontier, it will last until she outgrows carseats completely. Just realized she's only 10 months, so scratch the Frontier. I would go with the Britax Roundabout 50. Cheaper than the Marathon and will last just as long unless you kid is chubbier. After that she can move into a Frontier.
__________________
Tiffany, Mama to the incredible JM (3.25.06) , NC (7.28.10) and EH (9.23.13)
We don't vaccinate, we kept our sons intact, we use cloth diapers, we co-sleep, we extended RF, we breastfeed, but we watch too much tv and I totally dig plastic! Everyone has their issues, lol.
JustAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #58
Dory's Avatar
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,900
Y'all are making it harder to fight the urge to get a Next Fit. Which makes me also want a Defender or two (I mean, they're $50 at my Walmart!). I hate our SK Radians, but my husband just loves them, so I don't have a reason yet. And I like the True Fit for baby because he's so tall and lean. Maybe when he outgrows his infant seat in husbands truck!
__________________
I'm Incredible.
Mom to a girl - 6, a boy - 4, and Baby - 2
Dory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #59
TalkinBoutMyGirl's Avatar
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 13,180
My Mood:
Re: If $ wasnt a factor which carseat would you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki View Post
I'm curious about the Nextfit - is it really worth more than the RXT if it has a lower weight limit? DH was really Into it, and it would be nice to have the recline angles, but it looks so much shorter than the RXT and has a lower limit both RF and FF, plus it costs slightly more. Thoughts?
It is in no way shorter than the Radian. My DD has way more room in it than the Radian. For reference my DD is almost 4.5 and only 36lbs fully clothed (dead on the 50th percentile for weight). She could easily make it to 5 in the Nextfit and the Radian RXT would be probably 6 if not older RF. The average child is fine with a 35lb weight limit to RF to at least 3, if not 4. Also no way will a 70lb child still fit in a Radian harness unless they are really big and really short...so the 5lbs less on the Chicco would be the same way. The average boy will be 9 at 70lbs and a 95 percentile 70lber would be 7 years old. A 7 year old could still fit in the harness but odds are a child that age would be perfectly fine in a booster. I hope all that made sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dory View Post
Y'all are making it harder to fight the urge to get a Next Fit. Which makes me also want a Defender or two (I mean, they're $50 at my Walmart!). I hate our SK Radians, but my husband just loves them, so I don't have a reason yet. And I like the True Fit for baby because he's so tall and lean. Maybe when he outgrows his infant seat in husbands truck!
$50!! What the eff..why are they half off?!?!
__________________
Anna - Gazelle intense with mywife Rachel and Hailey (6) our little
Swag with Me!

Last edited by TalkinBoutMyGirl; 05-06-2013 at 09:39 AM.
TalkinBoutMyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #60
luvsviola's Avatar
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 17,103
My Mood:
Re: If $ wasnt a factor which carseat would you get?

I hate my Radians more than life itself. So, it defintely makes it hard. I would pay any amount of money not to have to have the Radian. We actually looked long and hard at the Clek, but just couldn't justify the price tag. But we hate the Radians we a passion.
__________________
Kristen
Middle school teacher by day, super mom by night
Mommy to The Boss~2007, The Energizer Bunny~2009, and The Princess~2011
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.