Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-06-2013, 12:09 AM   #61
satorifound
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Dh may have mandatory jail time

Jail for registration? That is crazy. I would definitely fight it.

Advertisement

satorifound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:59 AM   #62
sarahintexas
Registered Users
seller

I asked someone who works in that profession, and the answer was that the time could be due to failure to pay - or, essentially, get these taken care of in a timely manner. $500-600 in fines could equal that jail time. Does that sound similar to what happened?

It would be super nice of that cop to reduce the ticket, but he told the truth with what he checked it sounds like.

Good luck getting it sorted out!
sarahintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:04 AM   #63
Bellaroo
Registered Users

Hope you are able to get some answers today!
Bellaroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #64
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellaroo View Post
Hope you are able to get some answers today!
Did you find anything out?
Old 05-07-2013, 08:05 AM   #65
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahintexas
I asked someone who works in that profession, and the answer was that the time could be due to failure to pay - or, essentially, get these taken care of in a timely manner. $500-600 in fines could equal that jail time. Does that sound similar to what happened?

It would be super nice of that cop to reduce the ticket, but he told the truth with what he checked it sounds like.

Good luck getting it sorted out!
That sounds like what it may be. He got everything taken care of but if the fines were that high he would maybe hide it so I wouldn't stress. $500 isnt just a bump for us, that would be almost impossible to scrape together on short notice.
I'll find out more at his court date. But from what u understand the judge said jail time is a possibility but I doubt it will go that far. He said he will offer community service if jail time is mentioned.
alyxmegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #66
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can somewhat understand what you're going through. My husband was pulled for "racing" on a motorcyle (5 years ago), but I know that he doesn't race and in fact he didn't even know the person that he was supposed to be racing; they just happened to be at the same traffic light. Another friend was with him whom I trust, so I know that there was no funny business going on, and that the cop probably just got overzealous with wanting to stop some motorcyclists. Despite the fact that he hadn't done anything wrong, my husband would not defend himself in court and instead we paid several thousand dollars that we didn't have for a lawyer to help take care of it. He didn't trust the system and was terrified of losing his license or going to jail. he also didn't want me to do anything to help. I think it's partially a guy thing, wanting to "take care" of things themselves, but I understand how frustrating it is just watching.
I do agree with everyone else though that jail time is serious, so if there was really no reason for it, it would never be acceptable, baby due or not!