Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #11
Erinne
Registered Users

Re: What's on your wishlist for your house?

I want a nice bathroom with a big tub, professional landscaping, and an office with built-in storage. My dh would love to have our kitchen moved around some, right now we have both a formal dining room and a breakfast nook-type area in the kitchen; we'd like to extend the kitchen into the nook area since we don't use it.

Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #12
mama_to_DJM
Registered Users

This is what I would do to my current house, assuming I have to stay here instead of just move. They're practical, but not really doable as none of these are in the budget! I would add a patio, new siding, a dining room, new flooring, and a 2nd story.

My cooking blog- http://michellesnewrecipes.blogspot.com/
mama_to_DJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:17 AM   #13
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would like either a ranch house or a two story with an elevator. All bedrooms must be on the same level. My bedroom with have an on suite bath with a claw foot tub, it will also have a separate room for my office and only accessible from my room.
My kitchen will marble counters and just be gorgeous. I would love a home Theater also.
Oh and a pool is a must with a whirlpool, both decent size.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:24 AM   #14
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Duh, and a fully stocked wine cellar
Old 05-06-2013, 01:02 AM   #15
Mom23kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would love a plantation style house with a wrap around veranda on about 10 acres with horses and maybe some cows, and a nice garden. Kitchen and bathrooms would need to be updated with granite and modern fixtures. I would love some nice molding throughout, but no paneling or all wood walls in any room. Wood floors throughout wih travertine in the bathrooms and laundry. 5 beds, 3.5 baths, living room, gameroom for the kids, and a large office for the computer and any crafting I would do. Nice, clean landscaping outside, and I would like it to have a nice stone on the bottom and the upper siding to be painted white. A pool would be nice, and maybe a basketball court for the kids to play outside on.

Realistically, lol, all I would change about my current house is to have a gameroom for the kids and maybe have the kids' rooms to be a bit bigger, probably a foot out on each wall. It's 1800 sq ft and another 300 sq ft would be ideal for us. It's not cramped by any means, but just that extra space would be good as the kids grow. We built new last year and that's all I would really change. Oh, and I want hardwoods someday! I had hardwood floors in all the houses my dad built and they were so easy to keep clean and looked so pretty.
Mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:31 AM   #16
winterhaven0417
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyblackdot View Post
A nice landscaped backyard (with no snakes and honey badger that is on constant lookout for them) huge play center and swimming pool.
Wait... You currently have a honey badger in your backyard, or you want one??
winterhaven0417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:50 AM   #17
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I want something to kill snakes, honey badger sounds like. Good option,no?
Old 05-06-2013, 01:59 AM   #18
noahs naturally
Registered Users
seller

Ooh, first, I'd move our house to a different part of the neighborhood where there's a gorgeous view of the bay and the cityscape. And I'd make each of our bedrooms bigger, with a more flexible layout for furniture. A laundry area on our main floor would be handy! I'd love an updated kitchen with a skylight put in, and a skylight in our stairwell to the downstairs, too (I love skylights, in every kind of weather). And to have most of the furnishings be mid-century modern, in keeping with the style of the house.
noahs naturally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:21 AM   #19
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
We are in our forever house, so my dreaming is boringly based in reality. In 4 years, we will be building our dream kitchen, which will include building out, and because we want a big bank of windows/french doors looking out into our backyard, I think I would like a large, multifunctional Island in the center, possibly with seating.

And once the kids are old enough, we would like to renovate our downstairs guest bedroom and play room into a bedroom suite with an indoor hot tub. Since Nick seems to think it's perfectly fine to let our little darlings stay until they are closing in on 30 (omg) I want my own damn space and lots of it. They can do what they want with the second floor I suppose.

Oh, and in our entry, there is a built in cabinet and bookshelf. I'd like to remove all that and build in a recessed cushy bench and coat hooks.

We have 2 acres which honestly is enough for us. We have a few fruit trees now, planted by Nick's grandfather, pears and apples, but we want cherries. And all of the thorn bushes down along the path to the Creek have to go. Why did my swype capitalize Creek?
Old 05-06-2013, 04:35 AM   #20
txmommytobe
Registered Users

My Mood:
We just bought what will be out forever home 2 years ago. We have a 2600 sq ft ramch style house on 6 acres that is secluded so noone knows we are here lol. We will eventually replace the flooring and redo bathrooms and kitchen but they are just cosmetic things. We also have a 1500 sq ft garage that is hubby's favorite part lol