Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #11
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who on here has had 5 or more C/S?

I don't know what they would do if it came back that the babies lungs weren't developed? I will ask that - that's a good question. I agree - if they won't let me go any longer anyway there's no point. However, if they would let me go longer that would be worth it.

My dr. said I had a uterine window last C/S, but I specifically asked in the OR about having another baby and he said it would be ok if i followed his directions listed above. I've been with him for 3 out of 4 pregnancies and he's done most of my C/S so I trust his judgement and suggestions...I guess I hoping for people suggestions on what I should ask and encouragement from people who have had LOTS of C/S with positive results . I'm praying for God to take hold of the fear and worry I have and I think after my first apt with my OB next week I'll feel better have talked about these things in more detail and as more of a reality than an 'if' situation.

Thanks ladies - keep it coming!

Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #12
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky View Post
Yeah, I am on full bed rest right now at 33 weeks, and ob is doing everything to get me to Friday for 34 weeks. She says they don't do the shots after 34 weeks anymore. I had them with my first son at 33 weeks to get me to 34 weeks. Back then, they did the shots up until 36 weeks. My new ob said that it has shown to make their brains soft if they do them any later?
Hope baby hangs in there!
Old 12-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #13
Muninay
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi,

I just had my 6th csection on 11/28.

CS1- emergency cs, fetal distress. Had classical incision in and out.

CS2 - emergency cs at 38 weeks , Dr. Did not want to try VBAC, was too naive or ignorant to contest what Dr. had to say, transverse incision in and out.

CS3 - emergency cs at 36 weeks, transverse incision in and out, baby came out fine.

CS4- emergency cs at 38 weeks, transverse, then classical incision out, classical incision in. Adhesions on my lower abdomen was too thick. Dr. Advised no more babies, it took her over and hour to close me up.

CS5 - Got pregnant after 21 months, Dr. (a different one) did classical incision outside and a higher transverse incision inside. scheduled csection at 38 weeks. Had more adhesions.

CS6 - Scheduled csection at 38 weeks, same Dr. Did classical incisions in and out as adhesions are really thick , my uterus is very thin that the baby was out before we finished praying the Our Father. As with CS4 it took the Dr. An hour to close me up. Now, he advises no more pregnancy as the risk is mush higher due to my age , and thin uterus. I have yet to talk to him on my 2 week post partum check up.

Based on what I have been through, there is always a risk on every pregnancy. We do not know the day or the hour we'll be called from this life. My husband and I rely on God's mercy that He may allow me to take care and raise each and every child He has given us yet we also seek His wisdom that we may know His will for us. We are also blessed to be surrounded by prayer warriors along the way.

Have faith and rely on God that His will may be done. i will be praying for you and your baby's safe delivery.

Blessings,

Nina
Muninay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #14
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Goodluck momma! I'm also due this summer with baby #5 which will also be c/s #5, and my c/s were in 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2011. So no advice. But if I have mine before you, I will try to come back and let you know how it goes
Old 05-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #15
scwendy
Registered Users
seller

I just had my 5th uncomplicated C-section in March (at age 41). I had an amnio with my fourth and it was not painful for me at all. They numbed the spot topically before inserting the long but very thin needle. I had no complications or discomfort after the amnio.

I would relax and enjoy your pregnancy.

Congratulations!

Last edited by scwendy; 05-06-2013 at 12:07 PM. Reason: add amnio experience
scwendy is offline   Reply With Quote