Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #21
FamiLEE
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hypnobabies. Anyone use this? Does it work??

My wife doesn't know if this is what you are looking for but if you go to the hypnobabies website they offer two free downloads. They are relax me hypnosis and what is childbirth hypnosis.
Hope this is what you are looking for

Advertisement

FamiLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #22
Luvdgame
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So glad I found this post. I have been having issues deciding between hypnobirth and Bradley. Sounds like lots of people have had success.
Luvdgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:22 AM   #23
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvdgame View Post
So glad I found this post. I have been having issues deciding between hypnobirth and Bradley. Sounds like lots of people have had success.
I was at this same point 4 years ago I read a book on the bradley method and it really felt like "you have to do it exactly like this or it won't work". I don't like that feeling. Could have just been the book I choose though.

I choose hypnobirth and I think I made the right choice, def a good choice. It really worked for me, and I according to the midwives and nurses at my birth, I had a hard labor/birth. It was REALLY tiring and I know it wasn't perfect but I didn't think it was especially hard. I did what I had to do and I pushed that kid out.

You can get the book you will use in class for pretty cheap and preread it... not sure if you think it will help you choose. I don't know anything about hypnobabies. I thought about looking it up more, but I haven't yet.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 05-08-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #24
Zooma13
Registered Users

Just following along since I, too, am due in August and am interested in HypnoBabies. I was recommended this site as a place to look for used copies of the home study course... but I have to have 15 days and 30 posts before I con post in the ISO forum! Well, here's post #1! Sounds like people have so much success with it I may just go ahead and buy it for full price anyway. Thanks to you all for sharing your experiences.
Zooma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #25
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I just had my little one using hypnobabies. While it was not pain free and near the end I could not get into hypnosis I would say it was a success. I had prodromal labor for about 32 hours before my water broke and I finally began dilating. I was able to stay calm and positive through it. When I got to the hospital I progressed very quickly and was still able to stay calm. The nurse commented on how she wouldn't have guessed I was about to push a baby out. The thing that helped me the most was my positive affirmations. They kept me positive and helped me maintain control. Like I said it was not pain free but it was stress free and a beautiful experience.
alyxmegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #26
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyxmegan
I just had my little one using hypnobabies. While it was not pain free and near the end I could not get into hypnosis I would say it was a success. I had prodromal labor for about 32 hours before my water broke and I finally began dilating. I was able to stay calm and positive through it. When I got to the hospital I progressed very quickly and was still able to stay calm. The nurse commented on how she wouldn't have guessed I was about to push a baby out. The thing that helped me the most was my positive affirmations. They kept me positive and helped me maintain control. Like I said it was not pain free but it was stress free and a beautiful experience.
Congrats! And thanks for updating. I'm looking into hypnobabies and hypnobirthing.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 05-31-2013, 08:01 PM   #27
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoclaire

Congrats! And thanks for updating. I'm looking into hypnobabies and hypnobirthing.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Hypnobabies for sure.
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:34 PM   #28
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy
Anyone know where you can download just the guided meditation? I had it for DS #1 but loaned it out & never got it back
I called the company because one of my CDs was too scratched to play and they were rude. Told me I'd have to buy all 5 CDs for $80. I just needed disc 5. Thankfully someone sent me a download of disc 5 through email. My advice would be to post an ISO and maybe someone will give you a deal. I don't have any idea how to send things to people from my iTunes or I would totally send you a downloaded copy.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #29
FamiLEE
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My wife now has two sets. She is selling one
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1522005
FamiLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #30
Bot Girl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I tried it with my first, and it did not work for me. I did all the practices, the nurse at the hospital said I was so relaxed during my contractions, she could hear my alveoli filling with air.

What I was not prepared for was the pain. Just be prepared that it may be painful no matter how relaxed you are. I took Bradley classes for this baby, and I feel much more prepared.

I have also heard that Hypnobabies is better than Hypnobirthing.
Bot Girl is offline   Reply With Quote