Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
anyone supplement a little and still extended BF?

This will be my 3rd baby and I will be 36yrs old with a 6 and 10 year old. I EBF both of them first one for 1 year and 2nd for 3 1/2 years(gasp!!!!) 1st took bottles of pumped milk and nursed but i worked full time 2nd never took a bottle- I was SAHM then and to be quite honest at time is was very stressful on my DH and I as I was glued to the baby. I have a good pump and plan to pump and freeze some bottles of course and still want to nurse this baby into toddlerhood but fear now that the bottle will discourage this? I am also having thoughts of keeping some formula around just incase i need to be away and no milk is pumped as then my husband can feed the baby and the kids can help too... never ever thought I'd type that!!!! I just don't want it to be stressful and I don't want to get all worked up if the baby has formula every now and then... So my question is did any of you with prev extended (more than 2 years) BF children use a bottle of BM or formula once and a while with no issues?
Andrea~ Wife to an amazing DH and Mama to- Luke 10, Caleb, 7, 3 angels and Brooks our new addition!
ankc is offline   Reply With Quote